Go Back  F150online Forums > F-Series Trucks > 2004 - 2008 F-150
Raptor Conversion Dilemma involving Wheels >

Raptor Conversion Dilemma involving Wheels

Notices
2004 - 2008 F-150

Old 05-15-2018, 01:36 PM

Here is my issue. I am in need of tires, in fact I already own them....and with them I plan to buy new rims to replace my 20's (FX4). I am also wanting to do the Raptor front end (body panels) conversion....but these things won't happen at the same time.

So my issue revolves around backspacing. I can buy wheels with a backspacing similar to that of Raptor wheels, and then do the long travel suspension...don't really "need" it though as it's just my DD and I don't offroad...but after driving a Raptor I would love to have that fee in my truck.

I could get wheels with a backspacing that will fit the different fenders with stock suspension.

Or...I can do stock backspacing and wheel spacers...giving me the chance to do the suspension down the road if I choose.

Thoughts?

Old 05-15-2018, 07:24 PM
how much back spacing are we talking here/ how big of a spacer?

Old 05-16-2018, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by vroom_vroom View Post
how much back spacing are we talking here/ how big of a spacer?
That's the big question...and where I am lost because there are a lot of variables.

The first consideration is how much flare the Raptor fenders have? (I want to do the '17 Raptor front end fwiw)

The next consideration would be how much does the Raptor's long travel push the wheels out?

I believe the Raptor wheels have a +34 offset, and they do not sit flush with the fender flares...so there would be some wiggle room.

My stock wheels I believe have a +44 offset (stock 20" fx4 wheels), and I can buy -12, 0, +18 I believe in the style I like.

If there is an offset that is right in the middle of looking good with stock suspension (sitting inside the fender), or just a bit outside of the fender after doing the new long travel then I'm good....or...a wheel that would look good with the fenders, stock suspension, and a small spacer...

My brain hurts just thinking about it so I was hoping one of the experts could lend a hand

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Raptor Conversion Dilemma involving Wheels

Sponsors

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: