2004 - 2008 F-150

Somewhere in the middle.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 02:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Somewhere in the middle.

Over the last year a few times my radio would power off but later come back on when driving. I have a pioneer navi. This last week it happened again and the radio came back on, but this time when i got home i noticed that the radio wouldnt turn off this time when the key was out and the door open. Also the power windows dont work. Well i disconnect the battery and leave the lights on for the weekend. I connect everything back up on sunday night and everything works excep the radio and windows. This also includes rear and moonroof. I checked all fuses and the violet wire which mine was shrink wrapped unlike most said. I checked the ground wire in driver side door boot as well. Now the last thing i heard was a rapid clicking noise when i turned my truck off that friday. Havent heard anything sense. truck runs great and no codes.

Heres a list of what works.
2004 F150 Lariat
all mechanical
Doors chime
Door Ajar works
Map lights
Headlights and running\blinkers
Cluster panel
Fuses
power pedals
Relays? I swapped them around for testing
AC
Vipre Car Alarm w/remote start

Last edited by Shawn Michalski; 08-07-2017 at 02:40 PM. Reason: More stuff
Old 08-07-2017, 11:23 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Two things. Don't under estimate how bad an alarm system can screw up the systems on your truck. You have what is called the GEM, as I recall. It handles all of the electric systems on the truck like power windows, door locks, etc. A defective one can give you a major headache finding it as the issues seem to float around. One time it works, the next time it doesn't until it doesn't work at all. But before spending money, take a 10ga wire from the battery negative side and put it on the body/frame at a good, bare ground. You might have a ground issue.

Old 08-08-2017, 04:16 PM
Tried the wire idea no luck. Where is the Gem located. Ive seen other info that this year doesnt have a gem.

Old 08-08-2017, 05:14 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
You have a body control module behind the rear seat on the back wall of the cab.

Old 08-15-2017, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by glc
You have a body control module behind the rear seat on the back wall of the cab.

i took off thw back seat and thr only thing on the rear cab wall is the rear window motor and a Body Security Module. No BCM.

Old 08-15-2017, 01:15 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
The body security module is what you are looking for. That's what replaced the GEM.

Old 08-15-2017, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by glc
The body security module is what you are looking for. That's what replaced the GEM.
Thank you so much. I feel like there are way too many configurations for these trucks. Any chance my issue lies within the instrument cluster? Do i need to take the BSM to the dealer for the door lock keypad and fobs?