2004 - 2008 F-150

[Build Thread] Project Two Tone - 2006 FX4 SC

Old 01-16-2016, 08:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice looking truck! That blue sure does look nice when it's clean. Looks like it's in really good condition for an 06! What tires are those?

Old 01-16-2016, 09:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dont slow down
Nice looking truck! That blue sure does look nice when it's clean. Looks like it's in really good condition for an 06! What tires are those?
Thanks, she's in amazing shape.

Tires are the newly remodeled BF Goodrich KO2 all terrains. They are bad ***.

Old 01-16-2016, 09:17 AM
Originally Posted by 2008_XL
Id try taking it to a place that does the road force balance. I know it's not close, but it could solve your problem. You could also have a very slightly out-of-round wheel. That would explain multiple sets of tires doing the same thing.

My previous set of wheels were the stock steel wheels. Had them on the truck since new till last spring. Kept having an annoying vibration around 52 mph. Went through multiple sets of tires and nothing solved it. Finally one tire shop checked the wheels and 2 of the 4 were not perfectly round. I'd never hit anything that I recall as I'm very carful / gentle with my truck.

Anyway, new set of wheels fixed that issue.

Only other thing I can think of, sometimes changing the tire pressure can help some. Are they P rated or LT?
They are LT and very heavy. I only had the stock wheels and tires on it for a bit since I bought it used. I do remember it having the same vibration but less noticeable.

When I got the falkens road force balanced, he said he didn't think my wheels were out of round. Not impossible though. I guess I'll have to though to eliminate the wheels and tires.

Weirdest part is that when I have passengers in the back seat it doesn't bounce. Makes me thing possible suspension issue. I've read a ton of threads on 50ish mph bounces. Too many variables. 😔

Old 01-17-2016, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by LDC2335
Well, left switch is for the rear off road lights. It is connected to the the battery for power and the pink and black reverse wire in the driver's side door channel. The lights themselves are powered by the reverse light wire at the tail light. Because a relay triggers that black and pink wire, they come on in reverse, or independently with the switch. Great for lighting up a camp site or pissing off tailgaters.

The middle switch is for the lights on the bull bar. It is powered by a relay harness from the battery. I also wired a relay from the back of the headlight switch high beam trigger wire, to the trigger wire on the relay from the battery. This allows the lights to come on independently with the switch or also with my high beams.

The fog light switch is truly for the factory fogs. I bypassed them at the switch. No more pull out for fogs. I HATE how to go to parking w/ fogs I had to pass the off option on the factory switch. I drive onto an air force base every morning and I shut my low beams off to not blind the gate guard. I leave parking and fogs on so I can still see and be seen.

I have also done the Bambi mod where I can have fogs on with high beams.

The switches themselves are easy. Dremel cut off disc and sanding attachments. There is plenty of room behind there.

Lights on switches are tapped into the illumination switch and dim with the rest of the dash.

Diagram for reference.

Headlight switch diagram from Google.

wow, great bit of info.

thanks so much.

like what you did

Old 01-24-2016, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by fords-rock
wow, great bit of info.

thanks so much.

like what you did
No problem, hardest part of any lighting mod is always the wiring. Any tips I find of wire colors I remember, I'll share.

Old 02-16-2016, 08:43 PM
Oh yeah! Gonna be a good weekend!

Old 02-28-2016, 07:24 PM
Been a busy week.

Installed:
-Rancho loaded 9 way adjustable leveling struts and matching shocks
- Power Stop z23 performance brake pads and rotors
- Prothane sway bushings
- 5 function Led tailgate light bar
- Moog upper control arms/upper and lower ball joints
- New drive belt
- Painted calipers
- All new MagnaFlow exhaust welded up
- Got alignment

Feels like a whole new truck.

Old 04-19-2016, 01:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice truck you got there! Love the zombie switch, I'm gonna have to copy that if you don't mind. Very rare to see a crew cab step side. The big three stopped making step sides entirely. You do clean work with good taste. I'm impressed. Kudos to you.

Old 04-19-2016, 01:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm interested to see how those cross drilled rotors work for you. I had them on my truck and 95 cobra. Never again.

Old 04-20-2016, 10:42 AM
Great work!

Old 04-20-2016, 09:00 PM
LDC2335,

First, from one AF vet to another, thank you for your service! Next, beautiful truck! I like the mods! I got my first Ford two months ago: a '05 KR F150 w/ 86K miles. I think I'll have to do the Bambi mod after I do some more research on here.

My question for you is where did you get those switches?!? Very cool!

Old 04-25-2016, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by KC Warthog
LDC2335,

First, from one AF vet to another, thank you for your service! Next, beautiful truck! I like the mods! I got my first Ford two months ago: a '05 KR F150 w/ 86K miles. I think I'll have to do the Bambi mod after I do some more research on here.

My question for you is where did you get those switches?!? Very cool!
Thanks to you as well,and thanks for the truck compliments. The Bambi mod is very easy, there are a few youtube videos that explain the process.

The switches are off amazon, the seller is mictuning. Just put that in the search. They sell on eBay as well.

Good luck with your new truck. This is my first ford. I've had an 04 and 11 ram and loved them, but this was the best bang for buck when I was lookin for a used one. Plus owning a cobra for 6 years had me a little biased.

Old 04-25-2016, 09:34 AM
Originally Posted by IntRiniTy
I'm interested to see how those cross drilled rotors work for you. I had them on my truck and 95 cobra. Never again.
So far so good. I had powerstop brakes on my 96 cobra and they were pretty good and never cracked.

I got the powerstop kit again with the z23 "upgraded" pads.

Especially when they warm up a bit, they grab like crazy. Plus they look bad ***. Sure they are no brembo, but they'll do for a daily driver.

I'd do it again.

Old 04-25-2016, 03:36 PM
hope this isn't a copyrighted pick-up. because this is the exact look Ive been searching for my pickup, and you've basically already got a parts list laid out for me lol, thank you.

But i do have a quick question, whats the offset on your wheels?

Last edited by Greighps; 04-25-2016 at 03:43 PM.
Old 04-25-2016, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by Greighps
hope this isn't a copyrighted pick-up. because this is the exact look Ive been searching for my pickup, and you've basically already got a parts list laid out for me lol, thank you.

But i do have a quick question, whats the offset on your wheels?
Thanks man, just don't move next door and we'll be good.

The cepeks are a 13 offset and it all sits about an inch past the factory flares at most. Pretty flush. I love it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Build Thread] Project Two Tone - 2006 FX4 SC