2004 - 2008 F-150

Gas Gage reads empty

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 01:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gas Gage reads empty

Wondering if anyone has any ideas. I have a 2008 Ford F-150 that the gas gage reads empty all the time. Also the digital display reads low fuel. I have tried to reprogram the cluster, Replaced the sending unit in the tank, Ran Techron and super unl gas through the engine and still no results. I have also done a gage sweep at start up and everything seems normal. Kinda stuck any other ideas to try would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 09-02-2015, 11:42 PM
Gas Gage reads empty

Have you traced the wiring looking for damaged wires? There's a few connectors on the driver side frame rail under a cover that can trap dirt, mud, road grime, and such.
You may want to see if the sending unit is actually sending a signal. I'm not sure what the voltage should be when full, empty, or any where in between, but it's a thought.

Old 09-03-2015, 09:11 AM
Thank you, I have not dug into the wiring to deeply. I will try also there is a wiring harness that has a black box attached to it underneath maybe that is the prob. i will try to replace that and maybe that will do the trick. thanks again

Quick Reply: Gas Gage reads empty