2004 - 2008 F-150

New Member with Bilstien 5100 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 12:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Member with Bilstien 5100 Questions

Hello everybody, like the title says I new to this forum, idk why it took me so long to join seeing as I have done a lot of searching here for tech. questions and answers.. Anyways... give ya a quick run down about my truck:

2004 2WD F150 4.6L
285 70 17 Terra Grapplers
2" Tuff Country leveling kit
Volant CAI
MBRP Single Side Exhaust
Spectre Throttle Body Spacer
LEDS Bulbs all around, including switchbacks for turn signals.
(just in case anyone was curious, all you have to do with switchback led is change out the relay to a digital relay, dont use those load resistors, that's a problems just waiting to happen, you can get the digital relays at any auto parts store only $30 bucks, just match up the pin configuration for your year, make, and model..
VVME 5000k HIDs

In the process of trying to decide whether to change the gears out to 3.73s or 4.11s, the bigger tires really took some power from me..

Just hit the 100,000 mile mark..

Truck runs good for being 10 years old, I was working at a Ford dealership at the time I bought it. It was sticker-ed a $11,000 with only 65,000 miles on it. Truck seemed to be in real good shape physically and mechanically. I had some of the front suspension joints changed, just the stuff that normally wears and starts making noises.The only reason I think it was so cheap was the fact it was a smokers vehicle, so 1 or 2 burns in the seats and carpets, and of course the smell, which I was able to get out easily, good cleaning and ozone generator. While the truck didn't really need much work, I spent about 2 days cleaning the outside, engine bay, underside(probably the only person who cleans and armoralls the underside of there truck each wash, I know I have issues), then wet sanded and polished the paint and glass,(auto detailing is my hobby and addiction and side money making). All in all I desperately needed a vehicle at the time, and this one seemed to stick out at me at the time.. Wasn't my ideal truck but like I said the price vs condition I couldn't pass it up.. It was all stock and I added everything listed above, looks a hell of a lot better now and seeing as its almost payed off I'm gonna run till it dies, plus Im kinda fond of her now, looks pretty, runs perfect, and she makes a nice sound when I put my foot down.. or at least till I win the lotto then Raptor here I come..

Well, know that my intros done I can ask my question:

I know I want to get rid of the leveling spacers, its painful every time I hit a large bump or pothole, pretty sure y'all know what im talking about. So im gonna go the bilstien 5100 route. I found a pair for $219.00 here

http://bilsteinlifts.com/shop/2004-2...008-ford-f150/

it says its for both 2wd and 4wd, but I have seen that there are dedicated setups/part #s for 2wd drive and 4wd, but this set is the cheapest Ive seen. Will it work or do I need to get the set for a two wheel drive? Is there a height leveling difference?

Thanks for taking the time to read my post..

Few pics, not the greatest, but something, Ill put up some more soon.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by reillyryan; 04-29-2014 at 12:33 PM.

Quick Reply: New Member with Bilstien 5100 Questions