2004 - 2008 F-150

2006 HU Swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 06:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 HU Swap

Hey guys,

So i have a 2006 Screw with a stock stereo/radio.. Now, i wanna get a HU where i can plug in my iPhone to hear music.. Thing is, i want to be able to use my steering wheel controls. For some reason the privacy controls dont let me search, but if you guys can tell me what Ford HU/Navi system i can use that has a USB input and is still able to control from my steering wheel, id really appreciate it.. Thanks!

Old 03-13-2013, 07:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are universal adapters made to integrate the stock controls with the factory steering wheel controls.

If you want an oem ford nav unit, theyre pricy and youll have to get more than just the unit itself. Best bet is an aftermarket nav unit. I recently installed a Kenwood unit along with a harness adpater that kicked on the factory audiophile subwoofer. Going to upgrade to a couple 10" subs though. Not enough bass for me.

What you need is a metra double din kit, the unit of your choice, a schose premium sound adapter and a couple of beers and an hour or two or $80 to have a shop do it for you.

Quick Reply: 2006 HU Swap