2004 - 2008 F-150

Passenger window won't roll up

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 08:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Passenger window won't roll up

I have a 06 f150 Supercab that I bought about 2 years ago and been having problems with the passenger window since I got it. The window rolls down fine but when I roll it up it goes up fine until about half way then stops and barely moves then once it starts moving again it flys up till it fully closes. It's has gotten a lot worse since I bought it! It would only slow down at half way point Before and then fly back up but now it stops at halfway and I even have tried pulling it up while pushing the button but that's not helping. I recently had my mechanic sprayed the tracks and it worked perfect for about a week but is back to the same way. So is my motor bad or is it something else? Thanks in advance!!

Old 02-21-2013, 09:34 AM
I have the same problem but opposite. Mine takes forever to roll down and no time at all to roll up. Anyone got any ideas?

D

Old 02-21-2013, 11:27 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the factory window regulators suck on our trucks. I replaced two already. Buy the replacement "dorman" ones off of rockauto. They are not too bad to replace. You have to remove the door panel trim, tape the window in the up position so it doesn't fall out and then replace the regulator.

Old 02-21-2013, 11:34 AM
Your motors could have gotten weak or the regulator cables or are damaged.
The motor and regulators are one package in these trucks. (Comes as an assembly) No interchangeable or replaceable parts. Once the motor gets weak or the cable or pulleys go bad there's not much chance of saving it.
I had to replace the motor/regulator kit in my rear sliding window about a year ago. The motor was running but the cable was broke.
I also helped my dad replace his kit in the drivers door of his '04 last Fall. His motor worked intermittent for awhile and then finally died with the window down.

Their fairly easy to change in the doors. It'll take about an hour.

Good Luck

Old 05-05-2013, 09:43 PM
I have had same problem. After an entire afternoon of monkeying around with a volt meter and power probe, I ran into someone with access to alldata. After finally seeing a wiring diagram, it looks like all grounds are ran through switches on master block. I hate throwing parts at things but, I am out of options. I am going to try replacing master switch on driver's door.

Will advise when completed...

Old 05-06-2013, 06:47 AM
Ok great thanks!

Old 05-07-2013, 07:45 AM
After reading this thread, and finding the switch was serviceable, I have had some success.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/ar...-switch-4.html

It looks like I am having multiple issues. Inside the switch, the parts are worn down quite a bit. Contacts were also burned and dirty as described. I used my two rear passenger door switches to rebuild the master block. And all issues I was having, except pass door window have disappeared. I do believe that window does actually have a slowly failing regulator/motor assy.

When I have a chance today, or tonight I will post wiring diagram.

Quick Reply: Passenger window won't roll up