2004 - 2008 F-150

Introduction and misfire issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 08:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Introduction and misfire issue

Been browsing your forums for a little while reading and checking things out. Figured I should finally introduce myself. My current daily is an 04 2wd Lariat which is mostly stock aside from; 20" King Ranch wheels, Saleen Exhaust, php tune and led interior lights. Once i get a chance i plan to really change the truck a bit wit a 3/5 drop(until i come up with a beter drop), 08 front bumper, projector retro fit, possibly turbo and maybe Foose bumpers/skirts. I do have a set of 22" harley wheels but like the king ranch wheels better, but once dropped that may change.
Been a Ford fan for a while i currently own a 72' Mach1 and 99' F150. But in the past have owned several Harley F150, mustangs, and a lightning. But, this is the first Ford that I've gotten into and really wanted to mod. I've always been big into VW/Audi/Porsche. My last daily was an 01' Audi A4 that was pretty well modified it ended up at 585awhp. So I am sure my build will have a bit of a euro touch to it.

Onto my current misfire.... I'm getting codes P0351 and P0356. And the truck misfires only when i'm in the 1100-1500rpm range, it can happen anytime I am in that rpm range for an extended period. But, It is worse when going up a hill. But, it doesn't miss any other time, idle is perfect and runs perfect so long as I am not in that rpm range. Most others that have these codes seem to have misfiring all the time, at idle or during wot. I have changed cop, plugs, injectors and coil connectors. In the beginning it was mostly going uphill that did it, but once i changed the cop's it actually misfired more frequently.

Just so it's not all text here is a picture of my last Audi. Sorry I haven't had a chance to take any pix of the lariat
Name:  SDC12597.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  139.5 KB

Old 02-01-2013, 09:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you verified you have no carbon buildup on the throttle body plate? Mine was really bad @ 100K miles and I cleaned it good. Helped with sputters. This is just a thought of something easy to check.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:31 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When did you change the plugs last?

Old 02-01-2013, 12:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has new plugs in it.

I will have to look into the tb plate. Thanks

It was my understnding p035_ codes were caused by electrical issues ie; bad coil, broken wires, loose connectors etc?

Old 02-02-2013, 09:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you use dielectric grease?

Quick Reply: Introduction and misfire issue