2004 - 2008 F-150

Climate Control Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 05:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Climate Control Issues

I have a little issue with the climate control in my truck and after searching I didn't see anyone else who has been through it. 2005 Lariat, auto climate control.

This morning with the KOEO I was going through the different blend door settings. I do this every so often to work the door motor. After making it though all of the settings all of the controls for the climate control stopped working and a light hum can be heard coming from somewhere behind the dash. Temp, fan, ON/OFF, door directions, all are not working. Kediler ve Köpekler Also, the back light on the temp. display does not auto dim with the other dash lights now. All radio functions and everything else on the dash still work.

Any suggestions on where to start? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by GTRider245; 04-23-2023 at 04:04 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:42 PM
And further more, with the key off, truck locked the backlighting for the air temp. and mixing door positions stays on. Anyone have any ideas?

Old 10-09-2012, 01:50 AM
I think I fixed this problem. While sitting in the office looking up possible issues that would cause my symtoms, I accidentally let the truck's battery die. I also unplgged and plugged back in the connectors for the EATC. I jumped the truck off and everything is working like normal now. All controls work, lights go off when they are supposed to and the noise from the dash is gone. I guess it just needed "resetting".

Now on to chasing the slight squeak I am getting from the belt. At 120K the original probably needs changing.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:42 AM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
You probably should go get the alternator and battery load tested. Autozone has a handheld tester that can do the basic tests in the truck in the lot.

Old 10-09-2012, 10:59 AM
That is on the list of things to do today. Truck had to be jumped off this morning. It wasn't all the way dead, but it wouldn't crank. It ran for 45 minutes at idle last night after I jumped it off and I then drove it for 15 minutes or so. Figured it would be OK this morning.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:20 AM
I agree with GLC on the alternator theory. These trucks go some crazy things when the alternator is bad or weak.

You can test it yourself by cranking the truck, then turn on your headlights, A/C, ect, ect.

"While its idling"disconnect the negative lead from the battery. If the alternator is weak or bad the engine will instantly cut off of shortly there after.

If it stays running while the negative lead is disconnected and don't show signs of shutting off, more than likely your battery is bad.

good luck

Last edited by pethel; 10-09-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by pethel
I agree with GLC on the alternator theory. These trucks go some crazy things when the alternator is bad or weak.

You can test it yourself by cranking the truck, then turn on your headlights, A/C, ect, ect.

"While its idling"disconnect the negative lead from the battery. If the alternator is weak or bad the engine will instantly cut off of shortly there after.

If it stays running while the negative lead is disconnected and don't show signs of shutting off, more than likely your battery is bad.

good luck
Did this short self test just now, everything was fine with the ground disconnected from the battery and all electrical accessories on.

The battery isn't that old, and an Interstate MTP-65. I will go and have it tested later today.

Trending Topics

Old 11-08-2012, 09:48 PM
what is eatc.....having same problem, cannot control temp, defrost, etc.. none of these work...getting hum from fuse box...

Old 11-09-2012, 11:11 AM
climate control

Thanks for the info on this.....Just took off the ground cable on battery and let sit for about a minute and re-connected it and voila....It's working again....Thanks again...

Old 11-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by RonLaRiv
what is eatc.....having same problem, cannot control temp, defrost, etc.. none of these work...getting hum from fuse box...
EATC is Electronic Automatic Temperature Control Standard on Lariat/King Ranch.

Old 11-12-2012, 09:30 AM
Originally Posted by Gordon M.
EATC is Electronic Automatic Temperature Control Standard on Lariat/King Ranch.
Thanks for the reply... : )

Quick Reply: Climate Control Issues