2004 - 2008 F-150

How To Remove Underdrive Pulleys???

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 01:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How To Remove Underdrive Pulleys???

Alright everyone I need your help, i need to remove my u/d pulleys. Of course there Troyer's. My problem is the bolt puller i used to remove my stock one isnt long enough to remove the u/d. does anyone have any ideals how to remove them?

Before anyone ask. I am putting my stock ones back on, if i can get these off, for a number of reasons. Main reason, its hurting my voltage, #2 I didnt see any gain on my butt dyno, or mpg. #3 I need extra money and my stuff that does really do anything for me is going.

anything would be a help thanks

Old 03-30-2012, 09:24 PM
You will need a large harmonic balancer puller. You can try renting one from the parts store but they may be to small. Try harbor freight also.

Old 03-30-2012, 11:58 PM
Originally Posted by kevhead75
You will need a large harmonic balancer puller. You can try renting one from the parts store but they may be to small. Try harbor freight also.
Went down this road before trying to pull the old one off, ended up my exhaust shop buddy had an older one that fit the stock one, but didnt fit the u/d one.

Harbor freight, I work there, and nothing we have will work either. As far as the "bolt pullers" I cant find any. And I dont think I have enough room to use a jaw puller. Think I may have to make me something.

And either I havent looked hard enough or its just not out there, but I see nothing on the web about removing these. Found alot of how to remove stock ones. I need to know where I can get a bigger puller at.

Thanks again, if you happen to hear of anything please let me know.

btw if i get these off, i will be wanting to sell these more then likely.

Last edited by st one50; 03-31-2012 at 12:06 AM.

Quick Reply: How To Remove Underdrive Pulleys???