2004 - 2008 F-150

code 2004

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 07:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
code 2004

2004 lariat 5.4 engine recently new remanned engine installed. check engine light came on yesterday. i took it back to shop that installed engine , they scanned and said it was IMRC valve stuck shut. my little scanner showed code 2004, ( valve stuck open). the scanner showed the common problems to be wiring harness, vaccum line(which he checked) and one other thing that he said definately wasnt the problem, dont remember what that was though. he cleared the code and said to drive it and see if the code comes back. i was able to reach the top rod on the imrc valve and see it was attached but i couldnt ever get to other rod.. he was afraid if he took off the manifold to look at the valve and nothing was wrong it would be a waste of time and money. i had a trip planned this weekend to the lake with the boat and now im a little worried..any ideas?

Old 07-26-2011, 01:11 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Most folks who don't know any better get the engine harness tangled up in the IMRC linkage when reinstalling the intake manifold. I'd pull the intake and take a look.

Quick Reply: code 2004