2004 - 2008 F-150

06 check engine code help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 04:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 check engine code help!

Hey all ! Im new to the forum and I just recently ran into a odd problem. My truck would start to studder and miss when I would use passing gear. it then through a code about the idle or something . So I looked up some ideas on it and cleaned the throttle body and mass air flow. It helped with the idle and ran smoother but still had a studder under load although not as bad. well this morning it through a check engine again and this time it was 0430 code. I heard it could be the cats that went bad? And now the truck doesnt studder anymore under load... so im confused on what could be wrong and why its driving better now??? it only has 70xxx miles on it so Im wondering if I should take the chance of getting it scanned at the dealer to see if it is cats and if not eat the 100 bucks to do it

thanks for the help

Old 01-18-2011, 08:18 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
The 0430 code means that one of the cats on the driver's side has failed an efficiency test. It may be starting to plug up. That should be covered under the 8/80 emissions warranty.

By the way, if you have a 5.4, you should change your spark plugs if you have 70k on them. Ford is now recommending 60k changes.

Quick Reply: 06 check engine code help!