2004 - 2008 F-150

Does your truck hunt/stutter at idle?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LovetheTide
My truck has been doing the same thing for quite some time. Do ya'll have the same rough idle when even pressing lightly on the gas for little while until it gets into the higher RPM's? One day my truck will do this and the next it won't. Although it does seem to eliminate itself once the motor warms up, and by that I mean completely warms up.
mine goes away as soon as you press on the throttle. Mine also does it cold or warm with no difference. It also is happening in neutral, reverse, drive etc. Less so in neutral as the RPM is higher for the idle when not in gear.

Edge Evo confirms the drop in RPM when the shudder occurs of about 25-60 RPM depending on the shudder.

COPS should be here this week and they will be changed out next week. I'm also having Ford check my fuel injectors and the new plugs to make sure they were not affected.

Old 01-04-2011, 03:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
mine did this but i just bumped up my Idle some with my Edge and it solved it for me

Old 01-04-2011, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by 05BlackFX4
mine goes away as soon as you press on the throttle. Mine also does it cold or warm with no difference. It also is happening in neutral, reverse, drive etc. Less so in neutral as the RPM is higher for the idle when not in gear.

Edge Evo confirms the drop in RPM when the shudder occurs of about 25-60 RPM depending on the shudder.

COPS should be here this week and they will be changed out next week. I'm also having Ford check my fuel injectors and the new plugs to make sure they were not affected.
This sounds exactly like what is happening to me. Goodluck with getting it fixed and please post what you did to fix the problem.

Old 01-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by LovetheTide
This sounds exactly like what is happening to me. Goodluck with getting it fixed and please post what you did to fix the problem.
New COPS go in on Wed and dealer will be checking my plugs and injectors for any issues. I will let everyone know what the outcome is.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:06 PM
Stumble/Backfire TSB 08-4-4. Reflash pcm. Take it to the Dealer. This should fix it.

Old 03-30-2014, 11:39 AM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
I'm pretty sure this was taken care of 3 years ago....................

Quick Reply: Does your truck hunt/stutter at idle?