2004 - 2008 F-150

2005 F150 Lariat power mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 12:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 F150 Lariat power mirrors

Hi;
I new here but I"ve been a Ford Truck guy for over 40 years. I'm in a spot with my power mirrors though. They are heated, turn signal, power, WITHOUT folding. I've got no power to my switch. All checking and testing has been done at the left(drivers door and/or fuse panel) accordingly. I tested all the possibly related fuses according to the owners manual. Fuse numbers 3,4,8,18, and 114. I checked them with my Fluke and removed each and checked visibly and again tested all good. I cracked the switch during removal so I replaced it. I'm not showing any power to the switch using a good common ground. Everything else seems to be working except the power adjust. I've looked at some schematics but I believe they were just generic because they didn't show the same shape of plugs that are on mine and no wire colors were matching. Is there someone who may have some expertise in this process. They stopped working last fall and truck was in cold storage for the winter in SE Minnesota. I did do some checking and testing from time to time but I really would like to get the mirrors fixed and put the truck back on the road. Please give me a hand here guys. I'm fresh out of resources here. I'd be ever indebted if you can help!! Truck is a Supercrew. Just 113,000 miles and looks as good as when I bought it. BTW my license plate on it is Ol-Fart!

Frankenford!!!

Last edited by Frankenford; 04-09-2017 at 12:52 PM. Reason: added info