2004 - 2008 F-150

06 Mods

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 Mods

Hows it going, I have an 06 5.4, and basically i wanted some opinions on what i could do to add cheap horsepower to my truck.. nothing over 500
So far these are the mods i Have.. edge evo programmer, Airaid cold air intake, airaid throttle body, spacer, and series 10 single chamber flowmaster..

Now on my exhaust the significantly under did the potential on the pipe sizing.. think they used like 2 in piping with 3 in tip... very disappointed in that. thinking about going to 3 in piping with like a 3 1/2 in tips, i have the exhaust coming out at a 45 degree.. but since im going to have to tear out the whole thing anyways im looking for what my best options would be with it. do you guys think the larger pipes would add any significance to performance?

Need yalls advice on what i should get/ do here

Old 11-20-2010, 04:01 AM
Gryphon Programmer with Custom Tunes
Ditch the cold air for the Gotts Mod
Forget the throttle body and spacer
No on the Slowmaster muffler

Run Dual exhaust from the cats, you could even replace those if you like. 2.5" piping or 2.25 for optimum torque down low

Larger pipes just makes more noise.
If you plan on supercharging go with 3" piping and if not get some electric fans and underdrive pulleys
Get a troyer valve body or baautomotive valve body

Magnaflow 94106 cats
Ebay Xpipe/Magnaflow X pipe
2 Dynomax bullets/2 magnapacks
2 4" tips

Most of these jobs will run you 500 or less with install, but the exhaust and tuner would be your best bet for performance increase and better sound truck, along with the gotts mod and electric fans

I love my electric fans, but my 35s dont! My truck burns rubber like crazy and kept up with the older style gt mustang tonight, but i also have a tuner on 91 octane, electric fans, headers/dual exhaust...enjoy the modding!

Old 11-21-2010, 12:40 PM
thank you, im def. going to look into some if these.. not sure i wanna ditch my CAI tho.. havent had it that long and i paid like 3 for it

Quick Reply: 06 Mods