2004 - 2008 F-150

What do yall think? Will it look good?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 11:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do yall think? Will it look good?

I am not a huge fan of chrome but when I bought my truck it had all the chrome so I am trying to decide if I am going to get it all gone or not. I want to rhino line my step bars, both bumpers and replace my grill with a black one, and remove the chrome on my door handles. the only problem is I will be stuck with chrome rims. And wont be able to replace them for a while. I am planning on doing a 2.5" LK and 35" trail graps also. And one more thing, I saw someone had replaced the amber inside the headlight for the side turn signal with a clear or smoked lens, where can I get that at?

Last edited by J.Wal; 11-02-2010 at 12:11 AM.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:18 AM
First of all, either throw some wide 35's on there or get smaller fender flares. Those flares are gigantic and you don't have enough rubber to even it out.

with the head light, in most states it is illegal not to have the amber reflector. just a heads up.

with the rhino, it would look better if you rhino lined a painted bumper rather than a chrome one. I've seen both, and the chrome ones still retain a bit of the shininess which makes the color look a bit off.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not a big fan of chrome myself. I'd remove it all off of the body. The wheels wouldn't look too bad left on for a while. 06 is right, either get bigger tires or take the flares off. It doesn't look right with them on.

In my 96 I had clear turnsignal bulbs and never had any problem with them as far as the police go. However they were still clearly visible when I had them on.

Old 11-02-2010, 01:18 AM
Originally Posted by MTM Ford
I'm not a big fan of chrome myself. I'd remove it all off of the body. The wheels wouldn't look too bad left on for a while. 06 is right, either get bigger tires or take the flares off. It doesn't look right with them on.

In my 96 I had clear turnsignal bulbs and never had any problem with them as far as the police go. However they were still clearly visible when I had them on.
its not the bulbs but the side reflectors. Those are supposed to amber. Change the color at your own risk. You can put clear turn signal lights in.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:41 AM

i want the clear lens. I aint worried about the police, i will put a amber led in it. It came with the flares, and I like them. I am planning on putting some 35x12.5x20 on there.

Old 11-02-2010, 06:29 AM
You're looking for the clear reflector lens. The only way that I have seen it available is if you buy a whole set of lights off ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-05...Q5fAccessories
Or you could just do what some other people do and tint the reflector if you paint your lights, that's what I did.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:16 AM

Well got the Line-X done on the fender flares and running boards, bumpers and rocker panels. also put on tow mirrors and am waiting for my headlights to be finished from SICKHIDS.COM. Next will be 20" fuel hostage wheels and 35/12.5R20 trail grapplers with a leveling kit till I can get a 6" rough country put on. here are some pix. What do yall think, other than the tires are too small for now?

Last edited by J.Wal; 12-08-2010 at 02:30 AM.

Quick Reply: What do yall think? Will it look good?