2004 - 2008 F-150

2007 F150 rear end vibration/shake

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 01:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 F150 rear end vibration/shake

starts at 51mph. I've searched quite a few other threads and overwhelmed by all the issues folks are having or have had. Anyway, with all the information, not really sure where to start. Any help greatly appreciated.

Old 10-05-2010, 01:55 AM
mine vibrates/bounces

rotation/balance helped a little bit, worse when rotated back

Bit of bed sag and truck only has 31,000 miles but ive put all sorts of sh*t in the back of my truck from furniture to quads/bikes to fat friends

It bounces like hell sometimes and is embarassing, to most it's normal but i dont think so. Either axle isn't straight, an aal is busted or a shock is busted.

Forgot to mention: i busted the tailgate when i had it down one time, turned off the sensor because it picks up the tailgate, forgot there was a tree 5 feet behind me and as it rolled back i hit the damn tree, i legitimately think that there could be a disturbance in the aerodynamic flow because the top of the tailgate is bent, not sure but always a possibility.

some trucks just have poor build quality, mine i know is different. the right rear tire is wearing like crap and has chunks missing, probably because it bounces around at certain speeds/all highway speeds and im pretty sure isnt straight but dont exactly have the time to give the truck to ford for a day or two

Old 10-05-2010, 08:40 PM
had the same problem, vibration from hell between 55 and 60mph after a new set of tires, turned out i had a bent wheel, replaced the wheel, and now no vibration

Quick Reply: 2007 F150 rear end vibration/shake