2004 - 2008 F-150

Edge CTS Arrived

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 01:47 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Looks cool, hopefully PHP will get their hands on the new model.

Old 12-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I emailed edge and asked them if they had a trade in offer for the people that already had the edge evolution and wanted to upgrade, they say that they did but I'd have to call to get the price. called but aparently they are closed till after the 1st.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:01 PM
I sure hope PHP can custom tune these, I would love one.

Old 02-26-2010, 01:02 AM

Ok now that you have had it for a while, how did it help the performance and mileage? I've been wanting to get one and one of the main reasons would be the MPG cuz even a little bit would me it would virtually pay for itself + the extra power you would get from it.....How you like it, and notice any difference?

Old 02-26-2010, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by JackedUp99
Ok now that you have had it for a while, how did it help the performance and mileage? I've been wanting to get one and one of the main reasons would be the MPG cuz even a little bit would me it would virtually pay for itself + the extra power you would get from it.....How you like it, and notice any difference?
Well, I've had it for about 2 1/2 months now. A little back story is that I replaced my original Evolution with the CTS because I wanted to get something that I can hook a backup camera into. The CTS fit PERFECTLY into that plan. I'm quite pleased with the operation of the CTS.

To answer your first question...there is a little bump up in my mileage but not a huge amount. Right now it is really difficult to say exactly because I have been a "bad boy" and idle my truck for about 10 minutes every morning before I take the kids to school. This definitely kills the overall fuel economy. What I can say I have noticed the most between the stock calibration and the CTS calibration is that my shifts are much more firm (I even firmed them up more with the customizing the shift points) and there feels to be more power. Acceleration is also greatly improved.

My biggest gripes are as follows:
1. No average fuel economy PID. The old Evolution did have a PID for this.
2. Screen response time is a bit sluggish but it has NEVER frozen or given me an error. I'm of the belief that here we are in the year 2010 and when I touch the screen to go to the menu it takes between 2 and 4 seconds to switch. I really believe the screen response time could be improved but I just don't know how.

I fully endorse the CTS and love having it in my truck, but if you strictly want better performance and a bump in fuel economy you can get the same thing with an Evolution. The CTS is wonderful as I can monitor 8 PIDs at once as opposed to a maximum of 4 PIDs on the Evolution. Personally I am glad I took the step up to the CTS.

If you need any more information I'm happy to help.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Well I received my CTS unit and am happy with it, but i had a shop install the backup camera cause I don't have a clue about wiring. Now, I dont have the option to view camera while I am driving as stated in the manual. What could be the problem?

Old 03-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Does it show picture when you throw it in reverse? If not double check the video connector at the CTS.

I tapped into one of the fuses in the passenger side kick panel. Going from memory it was something like fuse #24 or #25 but I'd have to double check to be 100% sure. I suggest you double check and be sure they hooked up a power source for the camera.

Old 03-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by bdholsin
Does it show picture when you throw it in reverse?
Yes, i get a pic when its in reverse, I just dont have the option to view the camera while im driving.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by gilsnuxs
Yes, i get a pic when its in reverse, I just dont have the option to view the camera while im driving.
In the CTS there is a setting for camera delay for when you throw it in reverse. I set that setting to the lowest delay possible...suggest you check and do the same.

If that doesn't work I'd suggest you contact Edge Products. I have not had this problem so I'm not sure what the deal is.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:37 AM
Uh oh. Engine failsafe mode?

deleted.

Old 05-16-2010, 11:41 AM
CTS question

I do not see the economy program for my new CTS I just installed in my F150? Why is that?

Old 05-16-2010, 12:30 PM
Double check your OBD-II connection. Unplug and plug in again.

Quick Reply: Edge CTS Arrived