2004 - 2008 F-150

p2004 andp2006 Error codes

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 02:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
p2004 andp2006 Error codes

Was driving down the road after a quick run out tonight and my check engine light came on. So i went to the diagnostic section of my new gryphon and figured out that it was error codes p2004 and p2006.

so, not really sure how it could be stuck both open and closed? ive been reading around and got even more confused. it seems like the way some people have fixed p2004 is by replacing the IMRC, but fix p2006 by just doing simple things like cleaning the MAF... another thing that has me confused is that ive read in several places that say the 4.6 v6 is the only engine with a IMRC. i have a 5.4 v8. are they wrong or is there something like a IMRC on the 5.4 that the error code didnt change and just calls it the same thing?

Also, what exactly is bank 1? and where is it located?

Old 12-13-2009, 03:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ok now ive had something similar happen on my old '01 f150, IMRC stuck open. theres like an actuator on the rear side of the intake manifold that controls the butterfly valves in the intake, and from what ive heard, its a common ford thing to fail. when it happened on my 01, i replaced the actual actuator assembly, it was a PITA because I had to remove the upper intake manifold to get to it, and it was still a bit*^ because you have to reach way back there and still really cant see what your doing. Anyway, it fixed the problem for about 2 years and it started throwing the code again. I said screw it and took it to my mechanic and i think he said something about plastic clips or something... im not sure if he replaced the whole actuator again or something more minor,but it ended up costing about $250 to get it solved and passed emissions.

I know its kind of a vague response, but maybe itll steer you in the right direction...

BTW this was a 4.2 V6 and i believe bank 1 is referring to the driver side of the V shaped motor, the 3 or 4 pistions on the drivers side of the V. I honestly dont know if the 4.6 or 5.4V8's have the same IMRC setup...

Last edited by Smok][n; 12-13-2009 at 03:23 AM.

Quick Reply: p2004 andp2006 Error codes