2004 - 2008 F-150

Advice needed???

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 06:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advice needed???

Hello all, been awhile since I've posted. I am tentatively thinking about selling my truck. I really want a Jeep SRT-8. My question is what do you guys think would be a fair price for my truck....
2005 F-150 Supercrew
5.4 V8 4x4
54,xxx miles
Two tone Dark Toreador Red/Tan
Tan cloth interior
20" OEM Ford Wheels with General Grabber tires
2" leveling kit
Iron Cross chrome nerf bars
Billet Grill
Spray on bedliner and Fiberclass cover
Magnaflow dual exhaust
Chrome tail light covers
The truck is in mint condition with no major flaws inside or out. Engine has not problems, runs perfectly, no wrecks or accidents and awesome in the snow. I posted some pics two years ago, the truck looks the same except for the different wheels and tires in some pics. Let me know what you think.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
with the economy and what not I would say you can get 15-18k on trade in.

Private Party I would think you could get 19-22K.

The general standard is take the blue book value of your vehicle and then add 25% of what you paid for your aftermarket parts and that should give you your final price range.

If you want to sell it faster, price it a little lower. Dealership will not give you much on your aftermarket parts if anything at all. I highly recommend private party or consignment at a dealership which still gives you the right to sell the vehicle private party but charges a small fee for advertising the vehicle while on the lot. If you have the option to leave the vehicle at the dealership and will not need it for transportation while it is for sale.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah i think his price sounds about right... good choice on the SRT-8... my brother has one, and damn those things haul a$$

Quick Reply: Advice needed???