2004 - 2008 F-150

Finally Lifted...pics...

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BREWDUDE
Like there's nothing better to do then bust ***** about big tires?!!

Maybe if I get bigger flares, they will leave me alone
yeah i would say as long as you had decent coverage with some fender flares you wouldnt have any trouble.

but i honestly i think most cops do not know enough about the lift laws to call you out on them

Old 10-22-2009, 11:01 PM
this is the first time i have seen or herd of fabtech using strut exstenders.... did the price change at all now for the basic kit because of this?

Old 10-22-2009, 11:17 PM
looks great brew!! My question is why did the kit not come with new struts? I have never seen a kit like that before. I got the stage 1 and it came with all new struts, just curious

Old 10-24-2009, 08:41 AM
Just so you guys know, I emailed Fabtech about the extenders vs the new struts. They called me yesterday and told me the struts they were supplying with the kits are basically junk. He said 90% of them leaked or bent and they had to replace them all under warranty. He said it was costing Fabtech a lot of money to do this so they started looking into other options. At this point there will be 3 options for the kits. One will be with the extenders that I have, the 2nd will be with new Bilstein front struts and the 3rd option is with the new dirtlogic coilovers.

I emailed them to express my concerns and dislike of the extenders and to let them know I had some issues installing them because the instructions sucked. And that at first they hit my coil springs and damaged the coating on them. He said he was going to look at the instructions and call me back and see what he can do for me. So lets see if Fabtech steps up and makes it right. From the tone of his voice, I don't think I'll be getting anything

BREW

Last edited by BREWDUDE; 12-30-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:44 PM
Looks good!! very nicely done!!

Old 10-25-2009, 03:50 PM
looks good!!!

Old 10-25-2009, 06:44 PM
FINALLY BREW! haha just kidding

looks f'in amazing....love seeing these trucks in the sky

Old 10-25-2009, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by patshea098
FINALLY BREW! haha just kidding

looks f'in amazing....love seeing these trucks in the sky
Thanks man. I love it.

And you're right.. FINALLY!!!! it only took me about 5 years and 3 different trucks to finally do it

BREW

Old 10-26-2009, 02:38 AM
FREEKY..No worries, you are not crazy. I did have a Yellow 2004. Thats the one I had all the shimmy and shaking problems with. It went to arbitration and that was it. My dealer gace me full price on my trade so it worked out. I then had the black 06 SCAB. Thats the one I took offroading 3 months after I bought it. Then I got the 07 SCREW I have now.
Ok, I remember that saga now. I joined in 2004 and I think we had the exact same yellow truck. I miss that truck so much now. It even had Mazzi Hulks on it...

Old 10-26-2009, 05:09 PM
Awesome setup! I actually like the strut extensions compared to looking in my wheel well and seeing the shock towers. Sounds like you had the same issue with your kit as I did. I expected front shocks when the retailer told me "the kits are basically the same except the front shocks are different". I expected a different model shock not no shocks at all.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:57 PM
I read on this site that Fabtech is really hurting and possibly going under. So anything you need done from them do it quick.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:07 PM
Looks good.

Old 11-02-2009, 12:33 AM
Looks sweet!!

Old 11-02-2009, 12:37 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Just so you guys know, I emailed Fabtech about the extenders vs the new struts. They called me yesterday and told me the struts they were supplying with the kits are basically junk. He said 90% of them leaked or bent and they had to replace them all under warranty. He said it was costing Fabtech a lot of money to do this so they started looking into other options. At this point there will be 3 options for the kits. One will be with the extenders that I have, the 2nd will be with new Bilstein front struts and the 3rd option is with the new dirtlogic coilovers.

I emailed them to express my concerns and dislike of the extenders and to let them know I had some issues installing them because the instructions sucked. And that at first they hit my coil springs and damaged the coating on them. He said he was going to look at the instructions and call me back and see what he can do for me. So lets see if Fabtech steps up and makes it right. From the tone of his voice, I don't think I'll be getting anything

BREW
Thats unfortunate to hear since the new extended struts were one of the main selling points on the Fabtech for me. I still would have gotten it regardless since it has replacement blocks and sits more level than anything else, but still sucks to hear these shocks are prone to failure. i must say mine are holding up fine for the amount of time I spend offroad, but if they do leak or break will Fabtech replace them with the Bilstiens?

BTW- Truck looks beautiful. Nice job.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
Thats unfortunate to hear since the new extended struts were one of the main selling points on the Fabtech for me. I still would have gotten it regardless since it has replacement blocks and sits more level than anything else, but still sucks to hear these shocks are prone to failure. i must say mine are holding up fine for the amount of time I spend offroad, but if they do leak or break will Fabtech replace them with the Bilstiens?

BTW- Truck looks beautiful. Nice job.
I think he said that if they are returned for warranty, you will have the option of the bilsteins or the extenders that I have.

I know he did say you will have the options if you buy a new lift kit of either the Bilstiens, extenders or DL coilovers.

To be honest, the extenders are much better than I had first expected them to be. The front it solid and rides close to factory.

Now if I could just get Procomp to step up and take care of my tire issue, I might actually enjoy driving the truck.

BREW

Quick Reply: Finally Lifted...pics...