2004 - 2008 F-150

Will an F250 Backrack Headache rack fit on an F150?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 09:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Will an F250 Backrack Headache rack fit on an F150?

My uncle traded in his 03 F250 for an 09 F150 recently, but kept the backrack he had. His 09 doesn't have stake pockets, so it's now useless to him. I was wondering if there is any chance that the backrack will fit on my 04 F150? I know they are listed as different part numbers, but I can't find anything about stake pockets. Are they spaced different? Are they different size?

I might end up just going out to the farm and try to jamb the thing in there to see what happens, but wondering if there is anyone out there who knows if this would work?

Old 06-27-2009, 09:59 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
pretty sure they won't

they F-150 is narrower than the F-250

but it never hurts to check it out...please post pics up if you do. It's always nice to see what can interchange between the different models

Old 07-06-2009, 09:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And the answer is..... No. Not without modifications anyway.

I put it on there, and the hole pattern compared to the stake pockets was about 3-1/2" narrower, So I drilled new holes in the backrack to get it to mount to the f150 width. I also had to drill new holes in the toolbox mount brackets on the bottom, apparently the stake pockets are also about 6" further away from the cab on the f250 then on the f150.

Anyway, I got it installed, but it doesn't look very good, yet anyway, the top tube sits about 4" taller than the cab, but I don't have the energy or resources to get it changed at the moment, so I'm just gonna run with it as is for now.

How much can I complain though, I got it for next to nothing, just traded for some plastic toolbox brackets, a steal even if it doesn't fit quite right.

Sorry if the image quality is bad, took it with my camera phone.

Quick Reply: Will an F250 Backrack Headache rack fit on an F150?