2004 - 2008 F-150

wrong sales price

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 05:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wrong sales price

just re looked at mysales contract... bought truck in jan 08 and the put the wrong price. they over charged me by 4k.

u think there is any thing i can do know?

Old 09-14-2008, 08:19 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I had this same issue with my truck... but only $325... because the truck came with different tires than what it was supposed to come with. So I just showed them and they wrote a check to me.

In fact, if you do a little digging (searching), you will find my post.

Old 09-14-2008, 09:23 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
When I purchase a vehicle I expect to find a mistake on the sales contract and I'm looking for that mistake. Most of the time it is there, I find it, they talk to my sales man and he agrees to correct it. I don't think it is unintentional. I think it is a game, and if you don't notice then the sales person gets away with it and his manager pats them on the back for improving the numbers.

You need to sit down and look at the numbers close. The sales person might even talk to you the whole time as a distraction, but you just discipline up and focus in.

4k is a lot, and eight months is a long time, and I would expect you tossed any paperwork with numbers you discussed and agreed to. If you know what you expected you can talk to your sales person about it and see what happens. You will need to talk about and focus on the numbers you and him agreed to, then have him show you how the paper represents those numbers.

Your objective is first to get him to acknowledge those numbers you agreed on, then let him either explain or adjust the paperwork. If they adjust, you should expect another mistake.

Old 09-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by greencrew
When I purchase a vehicle I expect to find a mistake on the sales contract and I'm looking for that mistake. Most of the time it is there, I find it, they talk to my sales man and he agrees to correct it. I don't think it is unintentional. I think it is a game, and if you don't notice then the sales person gets away with it and his manager pats them on the back for improving the numbers.

You need to sit down and look at the numbers close. The sales person might even talk to you the whole time as a distraction, but you just discipline up and focus in.

4k is a lot, and eight months is a long time, and I would expect you tossed any paperwork with numbers you discussed and agreed to. If you know what you expected you can talk to your sales person about it and see what happens. You will need to talk about and focus on the numbers you and him agreed to, then have him show you how the paper represents those numbers.

Your objective is first to get him to acknowledge those numbers you agreed on, then let him either explain or adjust the paperwork. If they adjust, you should expect another mistake.

yes i have a piece of paperwork where it states the price of $29,000 then in the viechle selling price they added 4k

Old 09-14-2008, 07:34 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Then you definitely need to talk to the sales person/sales manager/owner. You have a good case in good faith. Legally you signed a sales contract, but in have them explain how in good faith your stated sales price converts to the numbers on the sales contract. They either can justify it or they can't. Even if they feel fully justified in keeping the money they may have legally stole from you, you will learn a little bit of how they do it.

Please let us know how it goes.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:27 AM

Tell them you want a Roushcharger installed immediately.

Quick Reply: wrong sales price