2004 - 2008 F-150

Black cloth seats???

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 09:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black cloth seats???

Does anyone know where I can get the OEM black cloth seat covers? I have a 2004 SCab FX4 with the center console. I'd rather not get them from the stealership.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:56 AM
PM sent.......

Old 09-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Make sure you don't get them from an 07+. There's a bit more bolstering in the seat cushioning around the outsides on the newer models. Mine are from an 07 and they are tight in the middle but there's a little room when you push on them. Can't see it but you can feel it.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:02 PM
Originally Posted by gixxerjasen
Make sure you don't get them from an 07+. There's a bit more bolstering in the seat cushioning around the outsides on the newer models. Mine are from an 07 and they are tight in the middle but there's a little room when you push on them. Can't see it but you can feel it.
Good headsup! Mine are from the same truck as OP has "2004 SCab FX4 with the center console". I moved up to the 250, so I haven't followed the changes on the 150's as much.

Old 09-10-2008, 12:09 AM
Yea, some folks had moved up from like an 04/05 too an 07/08 and said they felt like the seats had more padding. We proved it when I put 05RedFX4's old seat covers (off his newer 07) in my 04. I don't mind too much, it's like 1/4-1/2 inch and you can't see it. And the black practically new covers (that I got for free) looked a hell of a lot better than the stained gray covers I got in my used truck. Not to mention the small hole that had been in the passenger seat. One day I'll get some nice aftermarket ones to go in there and it'll be even sweeter.

One other thing to take into consideration...well, two rather. First, the gray seatbelts stand out like neon signs on the sweet black seats. Second, it'll make you want to upgrade the rest of your interior to match the trucks that had the black seats stock.

Here's a shot of mine so you can see what I mean about the seat belts. Note that the center seat is still gray...planning to put a console of some type in there someday, but makes for good comparison in the pictures.

If you haven't done this, it's quite a task, but nothing that can't be completed with a few tools, some time, some basic logic, a smidgen of brute strength, and a few brews. Here's 05REDFX4's writeup that I used to get mine done with.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...de-w-pics.html

Last edited by gixxerjasen; 09-10-2008 at 12:12 AM.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by gixxerjasen
Yea, some folks had moved up from like an 04/05 too an 07/08 and said they felt like the seats had more padding. We proved it when I put 05RedFX4's old seat covers (off his newer 07) in my 04. I don't mind too much, it's like 1/4-1/2 inch and you can't see it. And the black practically new covers (that I got for free) looked a hell of a lot better than the stained gray covers I got in my used truck. Not to mention the small hole that had been in the passenger seat. One day I'll get some nice aftermarket ones to go in there and it'll be even sweeter.

One other thing to take into consideration...well, two rather. First, the gray seatbelts stand out like neon signs on the sweet black seats. Second, it'll make you want to upgrade the rest of your interior to match the trucks that had the black seats stock.

Here's a shot of mine so you can see what I mean about the seat belts. Note that the center seat is still gray...planning to put a console of some type in there someday, but makes for good comparison in the pictures.

If you haven't done this, it's quite a task, but nothing that can't be completed with a few tools, some time, some basic logic, a smidgen of brute strength, and a few brews. Here's 05REDFX4's writeup that I used to get mine done with.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...de-w-pics.html

Thanks gixxerjasen. I can see from your pics what you mean but fortunately my interior has more black than yours. My door panels are black and gray and the seatbelts are black so the black seats should be a perfect match for the rest of the interior, they should look much better than the light gray. As for the task itself, I'm not looking forward to doing it but I am looking forward to the aftermath.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:38 AM
The task itself isn't really too bad. The two worst parts are 1. Getting the rear set out, and 2. The headrests. Your fingers will hurt after the headrests, lots of force required. Also, be very careful putting that back seat back in. There's two angled prongs that stick out the bottom that, if they catch on another seat, will slice right through the cover. Thank goodness it was an old cover on mine that got caught!

Quick Reply: Black cloth seats???