Old 06-27-2008, 05:37 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by johnnyd2723
....and then there was silence
Originally Posted by 2005lariatky
???
that there is funny...I don't care who you are

I gotta ask why you backslid ~5 yrs worth of vehicle age though and to an inferior vehicle?

Old 06-27-2008, 12:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bought a 2000 Silverado Z71.
I dont blame you. If I could sell my truck for what I have in it I would too.
I love my truck but with gas prices and being in the shop more then I get to drive it kinda fed up with it. Good Luck with your new ride!

Old 06-29-2008, 01:28 AM
Originally Posted by Tylus
that there is funny...I don't care who you are

I gotta ask why you backslid ~5 yrs worth of vehicle age though and to an inferior vehicle?
Selling the Ford to get out of the $625 a month payment. I still owe for almost 5 years and it isnt worth but half of what owe trade in. The Chevy will be paid for in less than two years and half the payment. It runs better completly stock than my ford did with exhaust and Edge Tuned. So which one is really the inferior?

Old 06-29-2008, 02:26 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Selling the Ford to get out of the $625 a month payment. I still owe for almost 5 years and it isnt worth but half of what owe trade in. The Chevy will be paid for in less than two years and half the payment. It runs better completly stock than my ford did with exhaust and Edge Tuned. So which one is really the inferior?
The chevy.

Old 06-29-2008, 04:55 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I promise this will be my last off-topic

Chevy

less HP and alot less weight. not to mention the venerable 400r4 tranny is a major factor in the performance department...did you at least get a 350? or the 5.3? and hopefully it doesn't have that horrible Throttle Body injection vs. direct injection

GM hasn't made a decent truck since 1971. Their motors are amazing, and the Sports Cars are fun as hell, but the Truck is horrible. Have fun when you load the truck with any decent load and the bed nearly touches the pavement, or your truck does that evil hip wiggling thing while towing

How did you get out from under your truck with a $650 payment/5 years that you still owed more than trade-in...didn't all the extra just carry-over to the top of the Chevy?

Old 07-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by Tylus
I promise this will be my last off-topic

Chevy

less HP and alot less weight. not to mention the venerable 400r4 tranny is a major factor in the performance department...did you at least get a 350? or the 5.3? and hopefully it doesn't have that horrible Throttle Body injection vs. direct injection

GM hasn't made a decent truck since 1971. Their motors are amazing, and the Sports Cars are fun as hell, but the Truck is horrible. Have fun when you load the truck with any decent load and the bed nearly touches the pavement, or your truck does that evil hip wiggling thing while towing

How did you get out from under your truck with a $650 payment/5 years that you still owed more than trade-in...didn't all the extra just carry-over to the top of the Chevy?
Im selling the F150 not trading. I bought the Chevy out right. It is the 5.3 and runs better in my opinion that my ford did with the Edge. I have already had the truck loaded down very heavy and had no issues and handled the weight just as good as the ford ever has. It also rides more comfortable and the Chevy doesnt have leather like my Ford and has 104,000 miles where my ford only has 18,000.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:28 PM
$625 a month for five years=,,well you have your own calculator. I really can't blame you for your decision,,except for the part of signing the papers on the 05 But that much each month would part me too. I hope all works out with you on your Chevy. It's going to get about the same MPG as your 05 Ford, probably worse, but if you can deal with the payments, that is a plus for you and what made your decision. Wish the best to you.

Old 07-06-2008, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by wrench007
$625 a month for five years=,,well you have your own calculator. I really can't blame you for your decision,,except for the part of signing the papers on the 05 But that much each month would part me too. I hope all works out with you on your Chevy. It's going to get about the same MPG as your 05 Ford, probably worse, but if you can deal with the payments, that is a plus for you and what made your decision. Wish the best to you.
Actually Im an idiot because I signed a 6 year note at $625. LOL!! Im not sure yet but the Chevy is getting better mileage than the ford. Plus im getting ready to start some HHO Brown Gas testing with the Chevy for a friend of mine. This will be the first V8 they have tested on. Currently they are testing a 94 Jeep Wrangler with a Inline 6 cyl, a 2003 GMC Sonoma 4.3 6cyl. The Sonoma just got installed today so I do not have numbers yet but the jeep went from 7mpg in town to 14 in town. This is a 6in lift on 35x12.50's with a 1 ton chevy tranny and rear end with 3.73 gears. We are still experimenting with the Jeep and "fine tuning" to see how much mpg we can crank out of it. Right now it runs better, cooler and has more power.

Quick Reply: Looking for a set of stock Lariat Wheels