2004 - 2008 F-150

Restricted Air Filter

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 11:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ManualF150

As far as accuracy, they are tested from the factory within -/+ .5 mm/hg. Which for the purpose they are used for, are accurate enough.
Yeah but Manual, consider the source...

Old 06-22-2008, 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by Quintin
So wait, instead of taking the air filter out and looking at it with your own eyes, you're trusting some idiot air filter minder to tell you that the filter is restricted?
My thoughts exactly.

Well... I trust it more than my eyes... my eyes can't see airflow going through a filter. Plus it's not rocket science. It is just using differences in air pressure inside and outside of the airbox. I trust it more than my eyes.
Ahhh, it's good to see that some things never change. How good do your eyes have to be to see when the air filter is clogged and needs replacing?

Old 06-22-2008, 12:25 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by Tbird69
My thoughts exactly.

Ahhh, it's good to see that some things never change. How good do your eyes have to be to see when the air filter is clogged and needs replacing?
My eyes are so bad, that I use triangulation to navigate my truck down the road... that is also how I can go from NYC to Buffalo, NY while sleeping in the bed of my truck while doing 65 mph down the thruway.

I've also turn the cab of my truck into a large microwave oven, controlled by my Pioneer HU. I can cook a good sized pig in my truck while driving. It signifies done when the truck turns off, and the HU does it's 5 beeps.

The next thing I need to do is somehow convert that extra space behind the cab into an additional living quarters... like possibly adding a small couch and some plants...

Old 06-22-2008, 12:30 AM
My eyes are so bad, that I use triangulation to navigate my truck down the road... that is also how I can go from NYC to Buffalo, NY while sleeping in the bed of my truck while doing 65 mph down the thruway.

I've also turn the cab of my truck into a large microwave oven, controlled by my Pioneer HU. I can cook a good sized pig in my truck while driving. It signifies done when the truck turns off, and the HU does it's 5 beeps.

The next thing I need to do is somehow convert that extra space behind the cab into an additional living quarters... like possibly adding a small couch and some plants...
Ok Manual, what ever you say.

Old 06-22-2008, 02:37 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts

I like my filterMinder... as long as it works, that's all that matters.

Quick Reply: Restricted Air Filter