2004 - 2008 F-150

Starting To Regret My Hasty Decisions (mods) kinda long

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are the bilsteins a direct replacement for the factory shocks. Only reason I'm asking is that my truck has stock tires & wheels but it seems my factory shocks might be starting to give out some.

Old 03-23-2008, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by truckncrew04
Are the bilsteins a direct replacement for the factory shocks. Only reason I'm asking is that my truck has stock tires & wheels but it seems my factory shocks might be starting to give out some.
nevermind guys , I just found this post & I answered my own question
http://store.topguncustomz.com/store...82&i=193574766

Old 03-24-2008, 01:31 PM
When ya'll are saying that you have a harsh ride when you hit bumps, is it because the truck jumps....like shifts left or right? If so have you looked into a steering stabilizer?

Old 03-24-2008, 07:59 PM
Nah, my truck doesn't jump around too much unless its a big a** bump! For me it's just a comparison to how I remember the ride before the leveling kit and tires. When I hit a bump now it's like a vibration and rattle sensation that I feel and hear. I don't think there is anything loose, everything I can get a wrench on has been checked. Before when it was stock it seemed to "glide" over the same bumps with little or no feedback to me in the cab. Nice and smooth not "harsh". You guys have given me lots of good ideas on how to remedy my situation. I just need to make up mind my and do it.

TigerFan, send me an email if you can. I think I have my account set up so I can be emailed. Thanks.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:05 PM
Hope you get it worked out to your satisfaction. Your truck looks great.

Old 03-25-2008, 07:21 PM
So if I keep the 2" AS and upgrade my shocks, what length shocks would I get? Stock height for the rear and 2" lift height for the front? This seems like a stupid question and an obvious answer.

If I keep the AS, what brand shocks (other than Bilstein) should I look into as an upgrade?

Also, if I were to go with the Bilstein leveling shocks, I would remove my AS and rely on the shocks alone for the 2" lift correct?

I'm really leaning towards keeping the set up I have and trying better shocks as my first attempt at regaining some ride comfort. Any further advice you guys can give me is much appreciated. Thanks.

Old 03-26-2008, 03:16 PM
If you keep the AS you can not get longer shocks for the front. Your angles will be way screwed up, so it's one or the other. I can't really help more than that cause I've never had anything but factory shocks on my 150...

Quick Reply: Starting To Regret My Hasty Decisions (mods) kinda long