2004 - 2008 F-150

FireStone Ride Rite Install

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Quickerthanu
x2 on the setup.

I plan on getting the kit for my lowered 4x2. However I'm just gonna pick up a compact 12 volt air compressor like this (link) and just keep it in the truck and all times.

Alot cheaper solution than the $100 on-board compressor.

Thanks for the write-up on the install!!!

Andy
The reason that the on-board compressors are more expensive is quality and duty cycle. I would find a compressor better than the one you pictured. Try to get a decent one with a piston design instead of a diaphram.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:51 PM
x2 on the setup.

However I'm just gonna pick up a compact 12 volt air compressor like this (link) and just keep it in the truck and all times.

Andy
good luck with that one
Kit Includes:
- Powerful Air Compressor (300PSI !!!)
- Tire Gauge (10-50psi)
- Air Hose (18")
- Power Connection (Plug into lighter adapter 14")
- Power Connection (Clip to battery : Alligator Clips 14")
- Power Connection (Pre-Wire to Battery, direct pre-wire : 14")
- Main Harness with Fuse (Plug into Power Connector: 8')

I got one at Pep Boys with a 10 foot power chord and a 10 foot air hose that works nicely.

Old 11-05-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by slimshady0479
good luck with that one
Kit Includes:
- Powerful Air Compressor (300PSI !!!)
- Tire Gauge (10-50psi)
- Air Hose (18")
- Power Connection (Plug into lighter adapter 14")
- Power Connection (Clip to battery : Alligator Clips 14")
- Power Connection (Pre-Wire to Battery, direct pre-wire : 14")
- Main Harness with Fuse (Plug into Power Connector: 8')

I got one at Pep Boys with a 10 foot power chord and a 10 foot air hose that works nicely.
OK, you just buy one of these and have a power point at the back of the truck...

Old 11-06-2007, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by hllon4whls
The reason that the on-board compressors are more expensive is quality and duty cycle. I would find a compressor better than the one you pictured. Try to get a decent one with a piston design instead of a diaphram.
Thanks for the advice hllon4whls, but I only would use the compressor about 4 to 5 times a year(don't haul that much) and can't justify spending $100+ bucks for one.

Originally Posted by slimshady0479
good luck with that one

I liked that one because it is compact and can fit in the rear door compartment plus I plan on getting the plug that i.ride.suzuki posted up. Thanks I.Ride.

Originally Posted by i.ride.suzuki
OK, you just buy one of these and have a power point at the back of the truck...

Old 11-06-2007, 11:48 AM
I liked that one because it is compact and can fit in the rear door compartment plus I plan on getting the plug that i.ride.suzuki posted up. Thanks I.Ride.
Fo' Sho'

Old 11-06-2007, 09:40 PM
I put these on my truck this summer and now I can haul my camper with out any tortion bars and it handles better loaded. I put them on and didn't even take off the wheels, just backed up onto ramps and used a jack under the hitch to lift the body. It is a simple mod and the results are great. Ran the air line thru the frame to keep it out of harms way and also swapped the fill valve for a single on a T since my weight is always centered on the hitch, but before I did that I did notice a better cornering due to the rear not leaning. Nice truck by the way.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Thanks man, glad to hear that you're having the exact same results as I. Some are so negative sometimes...

Old 11-07-2007, 12:16 AM
Did any of you have to "Bend/hammer/grind" the brackets to fit. Reading other posts, it seems that this is a common thing that has to be done. Just wondering as I didn't see/read in your post.

Thanks

Old 11-07-2007, 09:12 AM
Not even a tweak of anything to tell you the truck. The way the brackets are made its hard to believe you would have to bend anything. They are made precisely to fit in both top and bottom locations.

Now I have owned other brands like Air Lift and Goodyear where I had to fab up brackets because the ones that came with were junk, or didn't fit correctly. But those were different trucks and different stories. Firestone FTW!!!

Jesse

Old 11-07-2007, 10:30 AM
That's Fantastic to hear. I wonder why I've read that some with 04-06 f-150's have had to modify the bracket. (at least I think they were 04-06's)

I have a set of the airbags sitting in my garage right now. Just waiting for my Rancho Quicklifts and 9000XL shocks to show up so I can put everything in at once.

Thanks for the great post, always feel better when someone else is pleased with a product that you have just bought. Mind you if it wasn't for this board I wouldn't be buying these things

Old 11-07-2007, 10:32 AM
LOL, yeah...F150online should be paid commissions.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:23 PM
Originally Posted by Extreme Justice
Did any of you have to "Bend/hammer/grind" the brackets to fit. Reading other posts, it seems that this is a common thing that has to be done. Just wondering as I didn't see/read in your post.

Thanks
Mine fit perfect also. I never had to jack the truck up or take the tires off. I did it all off a creeper in less than 1 hour.

Old 11-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by Extreme Justice

Thanks
I had to grind mine to clear the frame approx. 1/16"

Old 11-07-2007, 11:06 PM
After reading these post I am def. considering putting these on to give me just the smallest amount of rake back. My rear end sags just the smallest amount after installing the 2" AS...thanks guys

Old 11-08-2007, 08:30 AM
Dude! That looks awesome. I got that kit in stock, may pick it up today and trade out for an autospring kit for the front

Quick Reply: FireStone Ride Rite Install