2004 - 2008 F-150

Snugtop or ARE LS2?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 05:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snugtop or ARE LS2?

Well first of all this is for my F-250 PSD. I know this isnt the 250 forums, I already posted there and got some limited responces. However, I was curious what you guys think between the two? I know there have been many discussions on here about tonneau covers before, and I know many of you 04-07 owners have them, just curious on your thoughts on them? Which one do you guys prefer? Any problems on either?

I like the mounting system on the ARE LS2, but the looks better on the snugtop.

Thanks,
SDF150GUY
(I know I need a new user name)

Old 10-25-2007, 06:54 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
My parents have an ARE lid on their 99 SD f250 and I have a snugluid on my 05 f150. I prefer the snuglid. It fits better. It looks better. But my parents are old.

Old 10-25-2007, 07:59 PM
...considered Leer at all? I've seen a lot of Leer tonneau on SD's around town. I have a Leer 700 on my '07 FX4 SCAB 150....seems to be a quality
product, well built, solid mounts, solid gas-lift struts & hinges etc.....also nice w/ the power lock function that works w/ the truck's key-fob doodad. I think Leer makes the Ford tonneaus.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:36 PM
we sell all three. ARE LSII is by far the best imo. Best paint finish, best release lever and comes with a light. Leer is authorized by Ford accessories but they do not have any quality control. I highly recommend NOT getting the Leer Boxtop. Their seals are horrible, paint finish looks like Middle Schoolers did the job. Just a bad product. I will not sell them.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:45 PM
Thanks for your replies. I have not looked into the Leer too much because the local dealer has insane prices. The place that everyone recomdends around her sells SnugTop and ARE, which is the two I was looking at to begin with. One question I do have is on the SnugTop TC has anyone had problems with chafing on the paint of the truck below the bed rails? Also, the mount on the TC on the front bed rail, has any one had problems with the o rings hitting the cab at all that are used?

Thanks.

Old 10-26-2007, 12:38 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
When did the LSII start coming with a light!? Mine doesn't have one (but, I did get a free electric lock kit with my purchase -- which is really nice IMO)

Old 10-27-2007, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
When did the LSII start coming with a light!? Mine doesn't have one (but, I did get a free electric lock kit with my purchase -- which is really nice IMO)
hey RP...I hate to digress, but...how did you paint your front emblem??? Mine is delaminating...and I would like to paint mine to match my truck's color as well....great look...thanks

Trending Topics

Old 10-27-2007, 10:51 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by green06F150
hey RP...I hate to digress, but...how did you paint your front emblem??? Mine is delaminating...and I would like to paint mine to match my truck's color as well....great look...thanks
That was my 2001... I don't believe that you can do it with the emblems on the new truck... If you want to give it a whirl... here's a LINK.

Old 10-28-2007, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
HA! I dont know but I will get with my vendor tomorrow and try to get you one.... they are LED and operate on 4 AAs....

Quick Reply: Snugtop or ARE LS2?