2004 - 2008 F-150

warranty work?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 12:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
warranty work?

hey guys I have a 04 screw and the factory premium 100 mile warranty.
I have about 53,000 miles on my truck now and to my knowledge have not gotten a factory recall notice ever.
Question is I want to put my truck in for the rear sliding window rattle and I am wondering if I should get some other stuff done while my truck is there that I am not aware of.
My understanding is that a TSB will not be addressed unless you bring up an issue with the item it addresses.
I do not think I have a leak but I understand I should let tem no I do so they fix the third brake light leak. Is there anything else I should be proactive about. thanks.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:31 PM
Suspended
If theres nothing wrong than why would they need to fix it?

Sorry but this is the attitude that service managers and technicians hate to hear and why you probably receive **** poor service.

Old 10-25-2007, 12:37 PM
Just keep up with routine maint...

radiator flush, tranny flush, changed your fuel filter, changed air filter, etc...

Old 10-25-2007, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
If theres nothing wrong than why would they need to fix it?

Sorry but this is the attitude that service managers and technicians hate to hear and why you probably receive **** poor service.
Easy there Thumper.
I thought I made it clear that I was interested in finding out if there were any neccesary recalls or Tsb's addressed that I was not aware of.
I have moved since buying my truck so I thought that someone here could tell me if I missed a factory recall notice.
And according to several members of this forum I should get the brake light replaced before I get water in my truck.
I said I didn't have a leak but if it is a common isssue I want it fixed.
What the hell does a service manager care if I am being a proactive consumer who wants to get his worth out of his vehicle and his warranty?

Quick Reply: warranty work?