F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   2004 - 2008 F-150 (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2004-2008-f-150-80/)
-   -   Peel out... Anyone? (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2004-2008-f-150/303716-peel-out-anyone.html)

troberts6874 10-05-2007 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by ManualF150
My truck will peel out stock no problem, in fact, I did it today, but only for 5 seconds at max, just to see if my truck was giving good output power and my limited slip was working for the winter coming soon. Sure enough, I laid a pair of black marks from a stop sign. I let off on the clutch at about 1700 rpms, and I let it go up to about 3200 rpms before I stopped and shifted.

never thought of that...thats a great way to test if your truck is givin good output and if the ls is working????

is this guy for real??? f150manual just one ups himself every time he makes a post. i am starting to think this guy is not kidding.

koharatx 10-05-2007 09:08 PM

My truck lays down the rubber. All I gotta do is punch it from a stop. I have the Evolution on the Level 2 tune, that's all, though.

People who don't like burnouts are prude, scared, or a combination of both.

swank07' 10-05-2007 09:18 PM

No we are not prudes, scared or a combination of any of those things.

Look, a guy with a v6 revvin it up to 1700 rpm and dropping the hammer will get them to spin, sure.
Dead stop start, no power brake, = no chance of spinning tires.
MABEY with a tune.:fyi:

Also when your paying close to 3 bills per tire, it's a waste of money just to show you have a bigger teabag than the other guy.
I noticed your in the military? Thank you for your service, but most of us know the pay doesn't keep you with new skins for your ride if you go around smoking them up alL the time.

RamSS/T 10-05-2007 09:24 PM

My truck will peel out stock no problem, in fact, I did it today, but only for 5 seconds at max

I think you forgot to put the "." in front of the 5! Hell my Firehawk wont spin the tires for 5 seconds....of course by then I am way into 3rd!

Also OP you all your power to weight mubo jumbo is not nearly as important as the fact that your Muffstank was a manual and your truck is an auto. Its 10000xs easier to do a burnout in a stick than it is an auto...unless of course your power braking it to get it started (then thats just sad how ever you look at it.)

Now if you want to see something cool do a straight line burn out in a Power Stroke SD. It takes off slow for about 8ft or so until the turbos spool up THEN it will break loose and spin until the torque managment takes power away as it shifts into second..

JeremyGSU 10-05-2007 09:38 PM

My truck doesn't do a damn thing from a dead stop. It just starts going.

This is with K & N drop in, custom exhaust with Magnaflow, and Edge on level 3.

cannonballgsu 10-05-2007 11:18 PM

when its wet i have a hard time with traction, and i'm not trying to spin a wheel. this is even with 33x13.50 tires. I can get a wheel, or should i say chirp starting if i'm on a smooth road with a s&b intake and superchips programmer

like said before, i'm not going around trying to burn up my expensive ass tires, hell i hope they last forever!!!

ManualF150 10-05-2007 11:46 PM

No pun intended... but it's really easy to break loose with a stick, because I can just rev it up to what ever I want, and then let off on the clutch. So if I really wanted to, I could wind up to 3000 rpms, and then pop the clutch. That would just make me sit there peel standing still without brakes for a few seconds until my truck moved to newer pavement... it is actually fun to do... if you don't care about your truck. Would I do it to my F150? No.

I find automatics harder to make them peel from a stop, unless you've got some beast under the hood.

My Dakota on the other hand can burnout all day, everyday. How? Just drop it in 1st, start moving at 3 mph, move left foot to brake, right on gas, give it 1/2 throttle, let 'er rip. It don't fool around. I can get my Eagle RS/As that are about 15" wide spinning with no problem on blacktop and I've got a LS. Then again, it weighs 3900 lbs and it's got a v8.

I've let loose in lots of sticks... but you try the same car/truck with an automatic... forget it, as you are lucky to get the tires to chirp when you have the wheels cut.

thirdgenbird 10-06-2007 12:49 AM

[QUOTE=ManualF150] I can get my Eagle RS/As that are about 15" wide spinning with no problemQUOTE]

that souds awful wide... what size tires you got on that thing...

()smoke() 10-06-2007 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by swank07'
Dead stop start, no power brake, = no chance of spinning tires.
MABEY with a tune.:fyi:

:fyi: ? :lol:

thanks for that swanky information, you've confirmed my suspicion that my wheels were actually spinning within my tires, which were obviously stuck to the surface of the street--i'll have to fix that asap, i hope the warranty covers it

:smoke:

07HD 10-06-2007 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by troberts6874
never thought of that...thats a great way to test if your truck is givin good output and if the ls is working????

is this guy for real??? f150manual just one ups himself every time he makes a post. i am starting to think this guy is not kidding.

Not that I see any reason to test that, but it would work. So I really don't see why your being like that about it army boy.

Mine doesn't chirp the tires unless I hit a cornor hard and its wet out, but my truck is AWD so thats how its supposed to be. Plus why would I want to be smoking my tires, a 22" tire is so expensive. I really think the reason these trucks won't burn the tires is all in the tranny, the automatics are made to take off and shift so smooth in stock form. And theres only so much that a tune will do.

07HD 10-06-2007 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by ()smoke()
:fyi: ? :lol:

thanks for that swanky information, you've confirmed my suspicion that my wheels were actually spinning within my tires, which were obviously stuck to the surface of the street--i'll have to fix that asap, i hope the warranty covers it

:smoke:

:lol:

ManualF150 10-06-2007 01:34 AM

[QUOTE=thirdgenbird]

I can get my Eagle RS/As that are about 15" wide spinning with no problemQUOTE]

that souds awful wide... what size tires you got on that thing...

The rims are 17X10's with a -20 mm offset. With the tire on, if you get a ruler, and measure, it's got about 15" of tire to deal with. Yes, they are W I D E. :lol:

RamSS/T 10-06-2007 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by 07HD
Plus why would I want to be smoking my tires, a 22" tire is so expensive.

Shoot try burning off a set of 24s...I think thats about $100 worth of smoke!

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...t/DSC00611.jpg

BTW I think Manualf150s real name is Aleksey Vayner.

07HD 10-06-2007 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by RamSS/T
Shoot try burning off a set of 24s...I think thats about $100 worth of smoke!

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x...t/DSC00611.jpg

BTW I think Manualf150s real name is Aleksey Vayner.

Expensive and beautiful. :beers:

ridge 10-06-2007 10:01 AM

i can get the tires to spin, but we are also talking about a single cab, and you guys have supercrews