2004 - 2008 F-150

Hitch Cover Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 10:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hitch Cover Question

Does anyone know if there is anything different about the location of the pin hole on the hitch recievers? I have a new 2007 f-150 and my old hitch cover (that fit nice and snug) on my 03' is not fitting on my new truck. the hole on the hitch cover does not line up with the hole on the reciever. If I do put it in the hitch cover hangs out about 3/4" and is very loose and rattles... Did Ford change the location (move it rearward?)?

Thanks-

Old 09-25-2007, 10:45 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
It would appear so.

Just slide your cover in tight, mark the spot through the hole with a pencil and drill.

Old 09-28-2007, 04:13 PM
Noticed the same thing. Note that the newer F150's actually have two holes for the pin. I have yet to find a receiver that can use the furthest pin however.

Every receiver I have put in mine is loose. Every hitch cover I have put in mine is loose. As a matter of fact, the only thing I can put in there without it rattling or being loose is the old rubber cover that came off of my last Sequoia.....and who wants to drive a Ford with a Toyota emblem on the hitch?

Old 09-28-2007, 09:44 PM
Loose

They are loose man, thats just the way it is. Mine has two hole locations too. If I shove my hitch in and use the farthest back hole it fits tighter, but if yours isnt long enough you just have to use to closest hole and it will be loose. I have one like that with a different size ball on it, its not long enough to reach the back(farthest) hole. If it makes you feel better, I never hear mine rattle from inside the cab.

Quick Reply: Hitch Cover Question