2004 - 2008 F-150

trailer tow mirors

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 09:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trailer tow mirors

i'm new to this but i was wondering if anyone has a truck with the trailer tow mirors or knows about upgrading to them i pull a trailer often thxs
-mike

Old 07-24-2007, 01:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tuff150
i'm new to this but i was wondering if anyone has a truck with the trailer tow mirors or knows about upgrading to them i pull a trailer often thxs
-mike

Well you have a few options.

1. **** slip-on mirrors. They're inexpensive and work ok for occasional towing. As their name implies, they simply slip over your OEM mirrors. They basically add a 2nd extension mirror. Again, they work just "ok"... They shake more than I like, but if you're on a budget, then they'll get the job done.

2. Schefenacker makes TTT mirrors for our trucks. They replace your OEM mirrors. They include a very large flat mirror on the out side, and a relatively large convex mirror on the inside. They also telescope something like 10" or something like that. The drawback is that even when retracted, they still stick out a good amount. I think I paid about 400 for mine (power, heat, turn signal, marker light).

3. Ford introduced their own trailer tow mirror as an option for the 2007 models. They're very similiar to the SuperDuty towing mirrors. Flat mirror on top, convex on bottom. They are also telescopic (manual). You may be able to find a good deal by doing a lot of looking around, but I've heard that retail price is like $400 EACH! But I've also heard that you can get deals of $225 each.

If it were me, I'd go with option #3. I got my Schefenacker TTT mirrors a few years ago, and I'm pretty satisfied with them. I'm just not too fond of how much they stick out when retracted. Other than that, they're awesome, especially for towing. I can see everything!

Old 07-24-2007, 01:26 PM
Hey bamorris2 are you going to get the factory units? I'd sure like to but by the time I get 'em shipped out and install them, I'll only have one wknd of camping left this year, so I'm tempted to wait until spring...

BTW my slip on units never shake. work well.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:54 PM
alright thxs

Old 07-24-2007, 05:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Power Kid
Hey bamorris2 are you going to get the factory units? I'd sure like to but by the time I get 'em shipped out and install them, I'll only have one wknd of camping left this year, so I'm tempted to wait until spring...

BTW my slip on units never shake. work well.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to get them, but I just can't justify the expense right now, especially considering that I already have perfectly good towing mirrors. Maybe some other time (like when I hit the lottery).

Old 07-24-2007, 10:34 PM
Old 07-24-2007, 10:40 PM
Technical Article Contributor

theres a member on here somewhere that just joined a little bit ago, he bought a new 07 dark blue F150 with built in tow mirrors and they look amazing. ill see if i can find him.

EDIT: here you go.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=290189

Last edited by mSaLL150; 07-24-2007 at 10:56 PM.

Quick Reply: trailer tow mirors