2004 - 2008 F-150

Windows Won't Roll Up

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 03:13 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Windows Won't Roll Up

Today I got into my 2004 SC and while driving down the road the rear drivres side window just started going down little by little. By the time I pulled over it was all the way down and it will not go back up. I think this is the broken cable problem? I will be taking it into the dealer on Monday. Is there anything I should request to fix this. Are there updated parts that can be replaced in each window so that it dosen't happen again?

Old 07-15-2007, 03:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MeanGene
Today I got into my 2004 SC and while driving down the road the rear drivres side window just started going down little by little. By the time I pulled over it was all the way down and it will not go back up. I think this is the broken cable problem? I will be taking it into the dealer on Monday. Is there anything I should request to fix this. Are there updated parts that can be replaced in each window so that it dosen't happen again?
It sounds like the classic regulator failure than has become common place with the new F150. I don't believe that the regulator design has been updated which means the replacement parts may be prone to the exact same failure as the OEM.

I have had both of my front windows do this on me and I replaced the regulators myself. With the old ones out I compared them side-by-side with the replacements and I could not detect any differences. Good luck with getting this problem fixed.

Quick Reply: Windows Won't Roll Up