2004 - 2008 F-150

AF1 Intake ???

Old 07-01-2007, 08:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AF1 Intake ???

I have the xcal II tunes for my truck but they are not from troyer. They are from a company called innovative deisel. They are located 2 miles from my house. I have a magnaflow 15821 on the way and should be here on saturday. My question is do you guys feel that af1 is worth the money or should i just stick with my drop in k&n that i already have. My one concern is that i will run lean because i did not get troyers tunes. Will the intake make a extreme difference to spend 325 dollars.

How much difference is there in performance between the 3in intake and the 3.5.

Thanks

Old 07-01-2007, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by fx4rm
I have the xcal II tunes for my truck but they are not from troyer. They are from a company called innovative deisel. They are located 2 miles from my house. I have a magnaflow 15821 on the way and should be here on saturday. My question is do you guys feel that af1 is worth the money or should i just stick with my drop in k&n that i already have. My one concern is that i will run lean because i did not get troyers tunes. Will the intake make a extreme difference to spend 325 dollars.

Thanks
Hey fx4.. I've read some good things about Innovative Diesel, some people really like their tunes. And two miles from your house is very good!!.. Means you can go have them tweak it up right when needed.

Your drop in filter isn't gaining you anything power-wise, tho it's not hurting either. The gains from a CAI are mostly in the tubing, the size, the way they're formed, etc.

I have the 3" AF1 , no tunes, and couldn't be happier. It sounds awesome and there's a very noticeable gain in throttle response. My understanding is that the 3.5" DOES require tuning to prevent running lean. But it also produces better power.

If it was me I'd spend the extra $ for an AF1.. well hell, I did.. LOL..

No matter what, get the shop to measure your A/F ratios. Just to be safe.

Old 07-01-2007, 08:35 PM
Im going to call eric for innovative diesel. Im hoping he can get my tune to work with the 3.5 Af1. He has great customer service and knows his stuff. Im sure he will do whatever he can.

Anyone else with an experence with the AF1 please let me know.

Old 07-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks
I'm not sure about the performance difference between the 3" and 3.5" but with the 3" AF1 you wouldn't need to get a different tune.
IMO a CAI will make a noticeable difference but it won't make an extreme difference.It's still probably worth spending $325 for the slight performance gains and the sound when you're getting on it.

Old 07-01-2007, 08:47 PM
You know it goes back to the old saying...every little bit counts. I plan on ditching my K & N drop in when I get the money and getting an AF1.

I'm sure just adding an intake won't make a huge difference but add a tuner and exhaust and I'm sure there will be nice gains.

Old 07-01-2007, 08:52 PM
iv got the tuner and the exhaust on the way the last step is to decide of the intake is worth the cash.

Old 07-01-2007, 09:19 PM
iv got the tuner and the exhaust on the way the last step is to decide of the intake is worth the cash.
If you're able to spend coin on a tuner and exhaust then hell yes a CAI is next, even necessary. That engine needs to be able to gulp all the air it needs as well as pass it out the *** end. The tunes are what takes place in between.

Pimp that **** right.. LOL

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AF1 Intake ???