2004 - 2008 F-150

Oil pressure sensor location?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 06:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oil pressure sensor location?

Hey everyone, just curious...

Whereabouts is the Oil Pressure sensor? Don't need to know specifically, just want to know if it's upstream or downstream of the oil filter.

Reason I ask is that I received delivery of my shiny new 07 all black FX4 on Friday last week. Spent all Friday and Saturday putting mods on. (HD Headlights were installed within an hour of me arriving home!)

I've been driving around breaking things in these last 3 days, and I've noticed the oil pressure went from slightly below middle of the gauge, to slightly over middle.

I recall my 06 XLT always being a little over, so I'm not alarmed or anything. Just curious if it's because the filter is clogging up a little and restricting (meaning sensor upstream of filter) or if it's because the oil pump has broken in and has good suction/seal to generate better pressure (assuming sensor downstream of filter)

Oh, and yeah, yeah, I know it's a sin. 6 days and still no pics. I'm working on it! I swear!! (it's hard to take time to take pics when I'm either driving it around loving every minute of it, or at work thinking about driving it around. I LOVE this new truck!!!)

E.

Old 06-27-2007, 07:44 PM
Oil pressure sensor is digital, not an analog signal.

Old 06-27-2007, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by i.ride.suzuki
Oil pressure sensor is digital, not an analog signal.

Okaayyy.....

That doesn't exactly answer my question though; there still has to be a sensor somewhere to get the reading, correct?

I'm trying to find out if that reading is taken after the filter, or before.

E.

Old 06-27-2007, 08:56 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
The sender is on the oil filter housing.

And it's a pretty dumb sender, BTW, it's about as accurate and truthful as a politician on election day. That's what the Gixxer guy meant by it being digital - it only knows "no oil pressure" and "good oil pressure." It won't discern the difference on the gauge between 45 psi and 50 psi.

Old 06-27-2007, 11:22 PM
Originally Posted by Quintin
The sender is on the oil filter housing.

And it's a pretty dumb sender, BTW, it's about as accurate and truthful as a politician on election day. That's what the Gixxer guy meant by it being digital - it only knows "no oil pressure" and "good oil pressure." It won't discern the difference on the gauge between 45 psi and 50 psi.

Ok. Thanks for the response. I figured it wouldn't be all that accurate. Just makes me wonder why it's changed it's reading going from 11 miles (delivery) to 240 miles (now)

=)

E.

Old 06-28-2007, 12:17 AM
I did a gauge sweep last time. There is an oil gauge. It says 235. What does the number mean, Does it have something to do with the oil pressure?

Quick Reply: Oil pressure sensor location?