2004 - 2008 F-150

Programmers

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 01:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Programmers

Anyone have any feedback on programmers. I heard Edge was not the best and I've hear good things about Hypertech.....Anyone have any of these or another kind with good results??

Old 06-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think that the best tuners would have to be Superchips Flashpaq or Diablosport, I have heard that Edge is really good but I have also heard alot of people having issues with the Edge. Alot of people on here have Xcal from Troyer which they seemed to be pretty pleased with.

Old 06-07-2007, 01:30 PM
I'm running the Edge and love it. theres lots of debate between a canned tuner and a custom tune by Troyer, or similar, but I would have to say if you're going to waste your money on a hypertech, at least put it towards the Edge. You'll be happier.

ok. now everyone else (MGDfan ) can chime in on how much the Edge sucks.

Old 06-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Alright, edge is deff NOT a bad tuner in any way shape or form. Alot of problems are from user error from accidently skipping a step when attmepting to first put the edge in or trying to update. Yes the edge has had some of its own errors within updates but they have been fixed.

as "many" problems as the edge has had or you have heard.....there have been 10X more people satisfied with the product.

that being said the only two id buy for our trucks is the Edge or XCalII

Old 06-07-2007, 03:10 PM
Okay here we go...I beat myself up for quite sometime over the Superchips or the Edge and decided on the Superchips 1815. It has really impressed me so far. I have been working with Ron over at Superchips in hopes of getting the Data Logging version 2 update which will allow you to look at your logged data on the PC not just the tuner. Other then that....I have no complaints. Great wake up call to the 5.4!

The way I see it is like this....some guys like skinny girls and some like girls with some meat on em....some like the Edge some like the Superchips.....to each there own....me I will keep my Superchips and my thick wife....

Old 06-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Do you want the unit connected all the time & monitoring all the time like the edge with 3 "canned tunes" in a nice pod.

OR

Do you want custom tuning(great) & no monitoring.

OR

Do you want monitoring only---- Dashawk

Old 06-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by YellowFX4-WV
The way I see it is like this....some guys like skinny girls and some like girls with some meat on em....some like the Edge some like the Superchips.....to each there own....me I will keep my Superchips and my thick wife....
Wow...good metaphor man,couldn hav done better myself

Old 06-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
I have been running the Edge for almost a year, about 18,000 miles. If I were to be buying a tuner, it is the only one I would consider. Love the performance and the gauges. I realize I might get a few more HP out of a custom tuned Xcal2, but the Edge fits my needs perfectly.

Old 06-07-2007, 03:37 PM
Well Mean4x4 it must be a Yellow truck owner thing....haha

Old 06-07-2007, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by YellowFX4-WV
The way I see it is like this....some guys like skinny girls and some like girls with some meat on em....some like the Edge some like the Superchips.....to each there own....
$H!T...this means I need to get an Edge and a Superchip, try both of them out and decide which performs better. To carry the analogy further no matter which one you choose it is going to be expensive.

Old 06-07-2007, 04:40 PM
NOTE TO ADD TO THE PREVIOUS STATEMENT: This does in no way shape nor form imply that one should try out all the "programmers" out there before during nor after "settling" for a single "programmer"

Old 06-07-2007, 05:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
FWIW, I have been looking into programmers for a while now. The Edge has this really cool pod that goes on the wasted space on top of the dash that gives you all kinds of data on the fly. Cool feature, and of course the edge can tune about 2 hp higher than a Hypertech, but the Hypertech does something VERY important that the Edge cannot. Run a performance tune on regular gas instead of premium. At the cost of gas these days, that is something VERY important to consider...

When I get the $$ together, a Hypertech is going in my truck...

And I am more than happy with the curvy ladies thank you very much...

Old 06-07-2007, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by dbhost
FWIW, I have been looking into programmers for a while now. The Edge has this really cool pod that goes on the wasted space on top of the dash that gives you all kinds of data on the fly. Cool feature, and of course the edge can tune about 2 hp higher than a Hypertech, but the Hypertech does something VERY important that the Edge cannot. Run a performance tune on regular gas instead of premium. At the cost of gas these days, that is something VERY important to consider...

When I get the $$ together, a Hypertech is going in my truck...

And I am more than happy with the curvy ladies thank you very much...
but what is hypertechs 87 performance tune like compared to edges towing 87 tune? theres lots of ppl on here that never use the performane tune on the edge because 87 tow is a damn good tune.

Old 06-08-2007, 07:53 AM
Well I have a unique situation in a lot of ways. I don't have to drive my FX4 everyday...so the cost of having to run 93 Octane for the performance tune is not a huge deal to me. The enjoyment I am starting to get from my performance mods far exceeds the cost of fuel issue.

Old 06-08-2007, 08:09 AM
Who ever said hypercrap was better then edge needs a Red Wing steel toed boot placed into a cavity located near the mid region of his body.

If you ever plan going power adder, get a Superchips or Diablo tuner. If not get an edge.

Quick Reply: Programmers