2004 - 2008 F-150

My First Tow

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My First Tow

I have always been into mustangs. I have a 03 Roush vert. For those interested in cars as well here is a link to the stang. http://www.gotstang.com/roush8702

I have always wanted a truck for the winter months, so last oct/nov I pulled the trigger and got the 04 Fx4, and added a few Roush parts. Next is the S/C kit.

I like carshows, autocrossing and last year just started at the drags. The next logical step seemed to be a trailer 8.5x20 just the right size for me.

I got the chance to go to Roush last weekend and this the first time I was going to ever tow anything. I got alot of useful tips from this forum including which brake controller to buy, it seems there was alot of good things said about the prodigy so I got that one. Thanks everyone on the forum.

The truck seemed to have no problem pulling this from PA to NC.

Here are some pics of my weekend setup

Old 05-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Suspended
That is one beautiful Mustang, I've got one myself but it's a little older. I'm guessing you're going to go with the Roush supercharger? Basic kit? . . or the upgraded kit? We need details! Which Roush parts did you add to your truck? By the way, is that Roush hood scoop unpainted?

Take it easy.

Old 05-04-2007, 11:24 PM
Im going to be adding the upgraded intercooled kit. Im the membership director for the ROEA ( Roush Owners and Enthusiasts Association ) As a member we get 10% rebate back on all Roush parts, 5300.00 for the kit, 300 for the exhaust, 560.00 rebate.

what I added to it so far was the grille, scoop, chin spoiler, and badging <- this one drives everyone nuts LOL

The hood scoop is painted, ( mineral grey ) which is going to match the striping that is planned. Instead of the traditional 2 stripes that Roush uses, Im going to have the stripe painted more along the lines of the SEMA FX2 scheme. I was going to go with a flat black on black like the Roush Nightmare or BlackJack scheme but I got the scoop prepainted for next to nothing because someone canceled there order. Once I seen how well that color scheme worked together I decieded not to get it repainted. plus i think it will look great with a set of gunmetal rims with a polished lip.

Old 05-05-2007, 12:47 AM
man has style with his stang...and what your doing to the truck

Quick Reply: My First Tow