2004 - 2008 F-150

Projector Fogs

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 12:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Projector Fogs

55W H3 bulbs in a projector housing.

I'm debating whether or not to add longe-range lamps to the bull bar. I found these two brackets on my assault bar for the skid plate and decided to get some small foglights to mount onto them.

They do sit a bit low but there is no other way to do them and i don't think it will be too much of an issue. I just mounted them but haven't run the wiring yet. I have to figure out a place i can mount the switch onto so i don't ruin the truck when i remove the switch. Maybe mount to a peice that i can buy replacement peice for. Does the portion of the dash where the cigarette lighter is come sperate, or would i have to replace the whole dash section? Thanks.

PICS!
On the bullbar

How it is mounted

It is kind of low...

Front view (Yea i got the Roush grill!!)

Last edited by crashtheline; 04-30-2007 at 02:32 AM.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:33 AM
get some pics on how they project onto the road

Old 04-30-2007, 01:09 AM
Originally Posted by weazel
get some pics on how they project onto the road
Yea i will get those pics just have to wire it all up but i have an exam tomorrow so it's looking like Tuesday night for the pics...

But i procrastinate so we'll see

Old 04-30-2007, 03:10 PM
ha ha don't procrastinate then... lol

Old 04-30-2007, 04:07 PM
Honestly, I'm not really feeling them. You've got a great looking front end with the roush grille and the bull bar, but then the lights draw your eyes down. Like you said they sit kind of low. I think they detract from your already good looking front end.

Maybe you can look into relocating them into the lower grille opening - more of a stealth look.

Old 04-30-2007, 04:19 PM
yea thais0n i dunno if i hate them or love them. I could get a chrome bezel which may make them tie in more but i was hoping the black on the lights would tie in with the black of the fascia and be stealth. I considered the lower opening but the light would hit my bar . Then i considered behind the grill but im afraid the heat will ruin the grill.

Old 05-01-2007, 12:47 AM
i hope your not planning to actually gain any light out put from those projectors, plus with how low won't gain a thing.

RYan

Old 05-01-2007, 12:48 AM
Suspended
If anything why not just add lights to the bull bar? . . or just put some lights in the bumper gap.

Old 05-01-2007, 02:49 AM
Yea the "manual" said they need at least 12" and of course i'll gain light output and it will be where i need it, low to the ground and thrown hopefully wide. I may move them on top, just have to modify the bracket a little but i'm worried it will hit my bar on the sides and not give me any side ride luminance.

I'm starting to REALLY like this mod because i haven't seen any others done like this and i love the look of the F250 or F350 with its square fogs and headlamps on.

Thumpermx113, i'm kinda worried if i add lights to the bullbar it will make my front end look way to busy. I kinda like the clean look. Also, i was thinking the lower valence for these but the bar would be in the way.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:02 AM
Looks out of place.

Nice truck.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:07 AM
Thanks Grubrunner!

Think if i move them up a bit more they would look alright?

Another choice is mount them underneath the bar that the big lights go on. Obviously puttin them on top would look ridiculous but underneath may be good?

Old 05-01-2007, 03:15 AM
I dunno...

Everything about your front end looks awesome . . . except for the lights.

Personally, I would scrap them altogether and go with what Thumper sauggested earlier on. I think a nice set of [chrome plastic housing] PIAA's would look amazing with the other "bling" you've added.

Not hating... just presenting my views.

At the day's end, it's your ride so go with whatever pleases you.

Good luck.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:21 AM
Yea for sure Grub, i was thinking the PIAAs that looked multicoloured inside, i think the 520 series? Those are my favourites. But i was thinking of doing all 4...

I'll try and tuck these abck a bit if they look horrible. I was looking at them tonight when i went to a movie and they look way better than in the pictures!

PS Wild Hogs is a good movie!

Old 05-01-2007, 03:29 AM
Originally Posted by crashtheline
Yea for sure Grub, i was thinking the PIAAs that looked multicoloured inside, i think the 520 series? Those are my favourites. But i was thinking of doing all 4...

I'll try and tuck these abck a bit if they look horrible. I was looking at them tonight when i went to a movie and they look way better than in the pictures!

PS Wild Hogs is a good movie!
I have those "multicolored" ones you speak of.

See my sig for the model number.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:05 AM
Got them installed. I will get a pick of the mounting location soon... it's pretty stock though in that aspect haha. Ran my battery flat doing this because i was listening to the radio and it took me about 6 hours with all my breaks and no hurry attitude.

I need to aim the drivers side down a bit more so the spread it more even. The light output is pretty good but i need them higher i think.

Spread:

Cut off:

Low beams and the fog lights on:

Quick Reply: Projector Fogs