2004 - 2008 F-150

Calling Tuff4rd... HID question

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 08:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Matt Fx4 drew up a good diagram, I'll try to draw one when I get a proper writeup. I need to get some decent pics before I do the writeup.

Old 03-26-2007, 10:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by F150 Duke
That is impossible. The cutoff will be worse and you'll have more glare (unuseable light). The only way to improve the cutoff is to use actual HID projectors.

Duke
Were you talking about the projectors, or them being black? I can tell you that my black Hellas reduced glare big time and improved cutoff vs stock lamps. I have never not even once had a issue with blinding oncoming traffic.

I had reinstalled the stock lamps for a change of look & was immediately having highbeams flashed at me, needless to say I reinstalled the Hellas..

Stock

Hellas

Old 03-27-2007, 03:28 AM
Hey Josiah, the kit I had in my truck came with its own wire kit. It had a "hot" wire plugged directly to the battery, two ground wires for each light, fuses and a switch box. The only thing I connected to the stock wire harness is the plug for the switch box. My HID's worked fine with autolamps, but then 3 hours after I put them on one side burnt out.

Old 03-27-2007, 04:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does the bulb flicker before going out? So it came with a relay? If you had to attach a wire to the battery it's probably ran by a relay, did you have to "test" one of the three wires from the stock headlight socket to find which is hot?

Old 03-27-2007, 05:30 PM
I just wired up the three wires on the kit to the three wires on the stock headlight plug. I knew the white was common so I wired it to black wire. Then just tested the other two to see which was high beam and which was low beam. Everything worked great until the left side burned out.

Quick Reply: Calling Tuff4rd... HID question