2004 - 2008 F-150

cutting brackets when installing fabtech? what about removing?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 12:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cutting brackets when installing fabtech? what about removing?

I was just reading over the install on my fabtech 6" lift and see that a few brackets need to be cut off with a die grinder... what happens if/when the time comes when i decide to remove the lift?? do these brackets need to be welded back on?

Old 02-19-2007, 01:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the only thing you have to cut is the driver side rear lower control arm pocket so the driveshaft will clear. I pity you if you ever need to take it back to stock because it would be more economical to sell it lifted than to put everything back stock. This isn't a Super Duty with a solid axle, you have to drop the entire front down and it's a decent sized task. BTW we use sawzall or torch here (careful if torch)...would take forever with a grinder (especially getting to the top part of the bracket).

Last edited by KansasJoe; 02-19-2007 at 01:38 PM.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KansasJoe
the only thing you have to cut is the driver side rear lower control arm pocket so the driveshaft will clear. I pity you if you ever need to take it back to stock because it would be more economical to sell it lifted than to put everything back stock. This isn't a Super Duty with a solid axle, you have to drop the entire front down and it's a decent sized task. BTW we use sawzall or torch here (careful if torch)...would take forever with a grinder (especially getting to the top part of the bracket).
I went through a few cutting wheels, it took a while to cut it.

Quick Reply: cutting brackets when installing fabtech? what about removing?