2004 - 2008 F-150

Fiberglass bed cover, need an AAL?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 11:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fiberglass bed cover, need an AAL?

I've got a Snuglid sitting in the garage waiting for some warmer weather to install. This thing weighs a bunch, not exactly sure how much. Anyhow, we got some snow over the past two days and I have about 7 inches of snow and ice in the bed. I noticed yesterday the rear saggin down a bit lower. I've got a 2" AS up front and now I'm thinking I'll need an AAL to offset some of the weight of the cover, not that the cover weighs as much as 8 feet of snow 7 inches deep. Anyone else find their hard covers to be heavy enough to need AAL's? Being as I have a long bed, I think I'l need it as soon as I load much of anything in it with the cover.

Old 02-14-2007, 02:43 PM
I have an ARE LSII bed cover and I think it weighs more than the Snuglid and I have no problem with it. I have about 600 lbs in the bed for weight in the winter and it sits about level. It may be different in your case since you leveled the front. Just remember that the snow and ice weighs alot if it is packed down. If you look in my gallery you can see the way my truck rides with the cover on and about 250 lbs in the bed weight in the bed. Hope this helps.

Old 02-14-2007, 03:20 PM
I'm with stylinf150 on this one.

I have the same ARE hardcover.

I'm carrying five 80lb bags of rock mounted inside the bed across the wheel arches and it's all but left the truck sitting level.

The photo below shows the start of a snow storm [barely an inch] we had a few weeks back here and much of that snow turned to ice overnight [about 4-5 inches] when temps dropped well below freezing. The truck was sitting dead level by the morning with the bags of rock in the bed and the added weight on top the ARE. I had to do a trip to Nrth Virginia that day; handling was a dream.

Quick Reply: Fiberglass bed cover, need an AAL?