2004 - 2008 F-150

Train Horns?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 12:48 AM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Train Horns?

I'm really looking into buying a set but don't know anything about the subject. So if anyone could point me in the correct direction, that'd be greatly appreciated. Where is a good spot to mount everything? I was looking at this kit.

http://www.hornblasters.com/products...?item=CHR33G28

Old 01-17-2007, 01:15 AM
I thought they were cute (read- I wasn't in love with them) at first when I saw them online, and just one or two trucks had them. Then they started to become annoying at shows when everybody had them. After a couple years of putting up with that at shows, the most annoying thing at shows is people who mount very loud, but aweful sounding sound systems on a vehicle directed outside the vehicle. They "show out" and play this awful slowed down rap (like Mike Jones, but worse, it's possible), or even crappy seventies soul just to **** off everyone around them as they cruise a show. Their sole purpose seems to be to **** people off. Kind off like train horns...No practical reason.

Anyhow, that's my educated opinion on them. Take it or leave it. Back on topic, I'm pointing you in the direction of abstaining, since you asked.

Old 01-17-2007, 01:16 AM
You pretty much cant go wrong with those. I'd love to have the KLA 5 chimes myself. Good luck with the install.

Old 01-17-2007, 01:19 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Nates06SCab
Their sole purpose seems to be to **** people off. Kind off like train horns...No practical reason.
I've been blasted before by people I didn't know, it didn't **** me off. I just kind of laughed and continued my drive. But, what about big rigs or RVs with loud horns? Are those meant to **** people off?

Old 01-17-2007, 01:21 AM
are these the horns that sound like 18 wheelers?? i would love to get a big rig horn

Old 01-17-2007, 01:22 AM
$533 just seems like a waste to me for that mod... to each their own

Old 01-17-2007, 01:22 AM
Their sole purpose seems to be to **** people off. Kind off like train horns...No practical reason.

Anyhow, that's my educated opinion on them. Take it or leave it. Back on topic, I'm pointing you in the direction of abstaining, since you asked.
They can be annoying, bt then again what isnt? Half the population hate either flowmasters or the magna flows on the japanes vehicles. Heck, I even own a Harley and when one screams by me it annoys the crap out of me. especially if you've got a newbie on one.

But I could go either way on this. Personally, I'd seriously take into consideration what Nate said.
cheers

Trending Topics

Old 01-17-2007, 01:31 AM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
I've been blasted before by people I didn't know, it didn't **** me off. I just kind of laughed and continued my drive. But, what about big rigs or RVs with loud horns? Are those meant to **** people off?
I'm a pretty even tempered person. I laughed at the hornblasters videos at first too. They didn't **** me off at first when I heard them in person, but then they got so popular that they ruined the atmosphere of the shows.

Big rigs and RVs have loud horns for safety reasons. They are big, and take a long time to stop. Sound needs to be louder to travel far enough to warn people to get out of the way. Trains are bigger, stop more slowly, and more dangerous than big rigs, so they have louder horns. They aren't meant to **** people off.

How will you be using these train horns. Impress girls? Not gonna happen...

Old 01-17-2007, 01:55 AM

Maybe horny girls...

Old 01-17-2007, 02:37 AM
I thought about puttin some train horns on my truck but I havent been able to find a place to mount em that would be safe from mud/water. Maybe someday though.

Old 01-17-2007, 05:51 AM
Graphics Contributor
the deep ones/ ones that sounded like they belonged on a semi always interested me
go for it

BTW: hows that dixie horn captain?

Old 01-17-2007, 06:23 AM
What type of sound are you looking to get?

The set you picked out sounds more like a yachet horn, kinda high pitch.

Id recommend the set below, there easier to mount since the seperate, they dont take up as much room. They produce a deeper train horn sound. Closet to the real thing with out the 1100 price tag. There abs plastic instead of chrome plated. when they get wet the diapham with not become corrend to the horn, like the chrome plated ones do.

http://www.hornblasters.com/products...?item=HB4H3G28

another option

Big rig horns, hadley makes the nicest sounding rig horns.

http://www.hadley-products.com/catal...t&div=3&cat=36

in all setups, id recommend running 1/2" air line instead of 3/8. And using a
145/110 pressure switch. And last a high quality 1/2" seleniod valve rated at 300psi. fbirides.com has the psi switch and valve.

I had horns on both my previous trucks, and i see all kinds of setups coming through the dealership daily.

Old 01-17-2007, 09:02 AM
Suspended
Oops, double post.

Last edited by ThumperMX113; 01-17-2007 at 09:09 AM.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:07 AM
Suspended
GatorTech

I'll probally end up going with the set you posted. I don't want these things crapping out on me just because they got wet.

I'm a pretty even tempered person. I laughed at the hornblasters videos at first too. They didn't **** me off at first when I heard them in person, but then they got so popular that they ruined the atmosphere of the shows.

Big rigs and RVs have loud horns for safety reasons. They are big, and take a long time to stop. Sound needs to be louder to travel far enough to warn people to get out of the way. Trains are bigger, stop more slowly, and more dangerous than big rigs, so they have louder horns. They aren't meant to **** people off.

I don't plan on using my horns at any shows so don't worry.

. . you'd be suprised to find out that lifted trucks take longer to stop and the amount of people who don't realize this on the road and love to get into my lane and than slam on their brakes.

I'm practically married so impressing girls is really the last thing I need to do. I don't need anymore trouble.

Old 01-17-2007, 09:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let us know how that install goes when you get them. That's something I ma y be after as well. I laugh my a$$ off everytime I watch those videos. They would be nice to have when some a-hole cuts me off in traffic, runs reds lights, etc.

Quick Reply: Train Horns?