2004 - 2008 F-150

Ceramic Brake Pads (Yes or No)

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 11:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Ceramic Brake Pads (Yes or No)

Well today while I was at work, I decided I was going to turn my rotors, and ran into a problem. In order to remove the front rotors, u need to replace the nut, or washer, not sure which one it is, but the cost to replace it is $16 a piece, and that is at cost. So I decided I am going to turn the rotors, and change the pads at the same time.

My question is what brand of ceramic pads do yall like, and is it worth it to upgrade to the ceramics or not???

Old 01-10-2007, 11:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still on original brakes/rotors? how many miles? Do the rotors feel warped?

I personally would just spend a few more bucks and buy new rotors as well while you got everything apart (since it's more of hassle to take off the hub/nut on a 2wd). By turning the rotors, you're making them thinner and they will not last too much longer anyways.

I can't comment on ceramic pads, but I love my Porterfield carbon kevlar pads. Switched to them in the front after only 500 miles and now I have over 23k miles and have half the pad left. Not a single problem with them, no more dust and no squeals. I am still running the original rotors. I am finally feeling just the slightest rotor shuddering/warping under high speed (highway) braking so I'll probably need/get new rotors within the next 5k miles or so.

Quick Reply: Ceramic Brake Pads (Yes or No)