2004 - 2008 F-150

Engine Fail Safe Mode and Edge????

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 01:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine Fail Safe Mode and Edge????

hey people, well i was out driving around and i was gonna do a 0-60 time, went to build up the rpms to launch the truck by power breaking a bit( around 2000 rpms). Then on my dash the screen displays "Engine Fail Safe Mode". My tuck started to miss fire like crazy, shut the truck off and back on then went away...

has any one had this problem or know what this is

Current mods are
Volant
Magnaflow exhaust
JBA headers
edge

can some one help me out, it has miss fired like 10 times on normal driving then goes away then it has go into "Engine Fail Safe Mode" twice...

Old 01-10-2007, 07:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by weazel
hey people, well i was out driving around and i was gonna do a 0-60 time, went to build up the rpms to launch the truck by power breaking a bit( around 2000 rpms). Then on my dash the screen displays "Engine Fail Safe Mode". My tuck started to miss fire like crazy, shut the truck off and back on then went away...

has any one had this problem or know what this is

Current mods are
Volant
Magnaflow exhaust
JBA headers
edge

can some one help me out, it has miss fired like 10 times on normal driving then goes away then it has go into "Engine Fail Safe Mode" twice...
The only misfire I can relate to while under normal driving conditions is when I was doing an R&D in an experimental intake system. While cruising at normal highway speeds the engine would occasionally misfire. Truck went into failsafe limp mode and lost power. Read the code and truck was running very lean which caused the condition...I had had the intake on for over 500 miles before this occured...

Old 01-10-2007, 12:31 PM
When you powerbrake while in stock tune, does the engine misfire also? I'm thinking your pcm knows your doing the following:

1. In drive
2. The engine is reeving
3. The truck isn't going anywhere

so with the above going on, it probably thinks there is a problem somewhere and it is telling you about it.

Old 01-10-2007, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by FX4_Guy
When you powerbrake while in stock tune, does the engine misfire also? I'm thinking your pcm knows your doing the following:

1. In drive
2. The engine is reeving
3. The truck isn't going anywhere

so with the above going on, it probably thinks there is a problem somewhere and it is telling you about it.

its in lvl 3 edge, do you recomend trying it on stock tune and see what happends?

Old 01-10-2007, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by weazel
its in lvl 3 edge, do you recomend trying it on stock tune and see what happends?
I wouldn't recommend powerbraking at all but if you inclined to try powerbraking in stock tune, I'd be willing to bet it might to the same thing.

Old 01-10-2007, 12:57 PM
i have power braked my truck befor with the stock tune and that didnt happen.

Old 01-10-2007, 01:01 PM
I have power braked mine in lvl 2 before. No problems whatsoever.... except for the NASTY set of black marks and the tire smoke that filled the parking lot!

Old 01-10-2007, 01:38 PM
so do you guys think there is somthing wrong with my trucks ecu?

Old 01-11-2007, 04:08 PM
engine failsafe mode n edge

I have a 2004 screw with an edge on it. It has done this numerous times on me. Checked codes n got p2106 throttle actuator control system-forced limited power.It only did it on initial start n take off , turn truck off n restart it was fine. I went back in custom tunes n raised my idle rpm 200 rpm n haven't had any trouble since i've done this.I am running level 3 with custom settings ,this is the only problem i have had as of yet.I love the edge best bang for the buck you'll find. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Engine Fail Safe Mode and Edge????