2004 - 2008 F-150

Color Keyed Boards/Steps

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 09:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Color Keyed Boards/Steps

Just replaced my black 04 Lariat SCAB w/ an 06 Lariat SCREW in Smokestone over Arizona Beige.

Looking at this truck, I can just imagine that having nerf bars painted arizona beige would just look slick with the color keyed bumpers etc...but for the life of me, I can't find an online source for custom painted parts, or anyone marketing an arizona beige part. Question is: Does someone know about a place I'm not finding, OR does anyone know if the plastic pads come off the factory OEM nerfs easily, so I could send them out to be painted.....

Thanks

Eric

Old 11-24-2006, 02:55 AM
The only place I found that had them was ATS, but they could not provide me with a picture of them on a 04+ F150, so I did not get them. They are a universal style, but built for the specific application. I had a set of ATS boards on my sport trac and was very happy with them, but before laying down that kind of money, I wanted to at least see a picture first.

The other option is the FX2 nerf bars, they are paintable. I also think the King Ranch model has a color matched running board for the beige/tan color.

I searched long and hard for months and couldn't come up with anything else that worked with the stock fender flares. Kind of depressing actually, I figured something else would be out there. There are quite a few options for F-150's without the fender flares though.

Old 11-24-2006, 03:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had painted step boards with lights on my old 2004...

Old 11-24-2006, 04:06 AM
the rubber pieces you speak of should come off easy.......and you should be able to take them to a body shop or something similair for pretty cheap...i

Quick Reply: Color Keyed Boards/Steps