2004 - 2008 F-150

rScrew 04- Rear speakers - cant hear that well

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 07:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rScrew 04- Rear speakers - cant hear that well

Since i m deaf, radio is no use for me but my wife and our girl are listening to it...

She told me that she have hard time to hear WHEN shes sitting in rear seats, I had to turn up volume more...if she sits in front she would said geez turn volume low please!!

How to get rear speaker sounds balance with front speakers?? we tried adjust and nothing really work, it still very hard to hear in rear.

I dont want to spend fancy $$ on radio but maybe simple upgrade speakers itself.

I have stock single CD player.

Help? feedback?

Thanks!
YOMAN!
04 FX4 SCrew

Old 11-06-2006, 09:18 AM
try adjusting the fade. My geuss is that it's set to far foward to hear in the back. If I recall correctly push the menu button till fade comes up. Then use the volume button to adjust it from front to more toward the rear. Hope that helps.

Old 11-06-2006, 10:07 AM
Done that too and nothing really notice adjust in front and rear, my wife said it sounds the same.

oh well...

thanks
yoman

Old 11-06-2006, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by YOMAN
Done that too and nothing really notice adjust in front and rear, my wife said it sounds the same.

oh well...

thanks
yoman

several things.. your stereo is having problems.. you have fualty wiring..

have you wife or daughter go around to each speaker as your playing music and check to see if one of them isnt making sound.. you could have a broke speaker or a lose wire harness ..

if your wife or daugter is complaining of your speakers making odd noises like slapping sounds then that means you have a blown diaphragm.. and the speaker needs to be replaced

anythings possible but otherwise you should be getting even sound from all 4 speakers if you have the Fade setting set correctly.

Old 11-06-2006, 02:22 PM
I am not sure about your stereo, but with the 04 audiophile system there is an adjustment somewhere in the menu that allows you to give more sound to the front speakers or the rear speakers. It is not a fade adjustment though. I havent had mine in for a while so I cant remeber for sure how to navigate to that selection but if you play with it a little you might be able to find it. hopefully someone can chime in that knows more!

Old 11-06-2006, 02:30 PM
my drivers speaker blew the first day I had my truck. I just took he ones out of the back and fixed the faulty drivers speaker.

Old 11-06-2006, 04:09 PM
Still nothing change, my truck doesnt have an audiophile system.

I ll bring it in dealership to let them fix or figure out since its still good warranty.

Thanks!
YOMAN!

Trending Topics

Old 11-06-2006, 05:29 PM
Im having the same issue. Since i have two 10 inch subs under the back seat its even worse for the people in back. When it is up loud the base in the back overwhelms the already weak mids in the back. Thus people are complaing in the back whether its too loud or not loud enough.
Im still in the process of researching my options. So far this is what i have come up with from others input.
It is possible the back door is different than the front door in the way the speaker is enclosed. Which greatly affects the way a speaker sounds. Still working on this theory. I need to go to the dealer to see a manuel to see if there is any difference.
Also i have yet to take the door apart so i do not no if the back speakers are two or three way speaker. it is possible that they are just regular speakers. if this is true it would explain why the fronts, which are two way speakers put out better highs.
I havent decided yet what im going to do because i have yet to do my research but this is the options the way i see it. Replace the factory speakers with quality two or three way speakers. Replace the factory speakers with s quality component speaker set( consists of a regular mid, tweeter and crossover for each speaker)
Or third just install tweeters in the rear.
If you find a solution that works please share.

Quick Reply: rScrew 04- Rear speakers - cant hear that well