2004 - 2008 F-150

Who's Done Headers? Worth It?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 10:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The actual Dyno sheet you see on JBA's site is for MY truck. It was done without a speed limiter and with SIDO JBA exhaust (K&N sold theirs to JBA a few years ago). My truck only has a 4.6 and 3.55 gears on stock rims. I got the SC edition so there is extra body weight, but after the headers and SIDO exhaust, I was able to burn out pretty well. I consider the gains pretty impressive from the standpoint that I have a smaller engine then the fx4 and the gears are higher too. When I gear down, I'll be sitting pretty fat. JBA's are expensive, but you really get what you pay for. The metal is uber thick and I upgraded to the ceramic coating for like an extra $40. or what-not. I used to have some sound clips available. I'm sure a search could dig them up.

Old 10-21-2006, 10:43 PM
so having first hand experince do you think its worth doing on the new 5.4L 3V engine....i currently have a magnaflow SI/DO exhaust....

Old 10-22-2006, 11:08 AM
About a month into having the headers I got a code for exhaust gas emmissions. We trie all kinds of things to narrow down the source. And for about a week, I was header-less.........that was the saddest week of driving I had in a long time. Now the code was totally unrelated to the header in the end, and I sure as heck was glad to get my headers back. The very same day I got them put back on and took it for a drive, I told my wife--I'll never have another truck without headers. They're just that much fun! I only wish I bought my truck during the family pricing and was able to afford the 5.4 ....:-(

Old 10-22-2006, 04:53 PM
I got put a set of Pacesetter longtubes on mine on the dyno saw 20 RWHP and 25RWTQ and I'm still emissions legal. so are those numbers worth it? to me yes it was.

Quick Reply: Who's Done Headers? Worth It?