2004 - 2008 F-150

Is there going to be a Lightning Version of the new F 150?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 03:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 07-31-2006, 10:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ts not a for sure deal, but there is supposed to be one coming. I've seen the cocept, its pretty sweet looking.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/frame...hp&carnum=1629

Here's an article on it.

Old 07-31-2006, 12:36 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As of April 1, 2006 SVT has been formally disbanded and is no more...http://www.planetblueoval.com/ford/l...o_1_000632.asp

And last I heard the Lightning was postponed indefinetly, which basically means there wont be another one.

With SVT gone, you can pretty much say goodbye to any affordable Ford performance vehicles. Both the Shelby GT500 and the GT are near impossible to get/afford with dealer markups.

Old 07-31-2006, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by silverbullet5.4
As of April 1, 2006 SVT has been formally disbanded and is no more...http://www.planetblueoval.com/ford/l...o_1_000632.asp
Not so fast my friend. SVT is alive & well with 60 engineers and a new mission from Ford.

SVT’s Renewed Focus

...Thai-Tang says SVT is expanding, with future product falling into three segments:

Race-inspired performance, including vehicles like the Ford GT that appeal to automotive zealots (hint: If you read AutoWeek, you’re probably in this group).

SVT, the performance division as we know it, making traditional high-performance SVT-branded products such as the GT500 and the next Lightning.

Enhanced performance, offering appearance packages, some customization, minor engine and suspension modifications, and special wheels and tires. Vehicles in this group might not be badged as SVT products, but would be tuned by SVT and use a combination of Ford Racing parts and dealer accessories. Some past examples of this type of vehicle include the Bullitt and Mach 1 Mustangs built using the previous-generation Mustang.

The latter group is the one getting the most attention, because it represents the fastest-growing part of the market and a profitable area not previously tapped by SVT, Thai-Tang says.

SVT also will lend its expertise to other Ford divisions down the road, “but our focus is on Ford right now,” says Thai-Tang. Was Thai-Tang’s use of the word “focus” a hint of future product? Nah.
The Lightning is coming.

Old 07-31-2006, 03:47 PM
With a 6.x L, supercharged of course.....we'll see. Better not show up with a 4V 5.4L, I'd be severly dissapointed. If so, I'll keep my current L. 2008 is "supposed to be" the year of the sport truck. All 3 could potentially show up with 500+ hp. It's always fun to speculate.

Of course...I'll believe it when I see it. For now I'll enjoy my L.

Old 07-31-2006, 04:53 PM

Quick Reply: Is there going to be a Lightning Version of the new F 150?