2004 - 2008 F-150

How-To?? main console removal

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 10:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How-To?? main console removal

so i have to install some wiring and get to the 12 volt source in the dash right above the ash tray. i saw a how to here https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...+radio+install

(just for clarification i mean the trim aorund the ac controls, head unit, and 12 volt connection)

but i have the reverse sensing system and the digital auto a/c and he doesnt so i dont know if theres anything holding back to doing it the same was as him. i tried pulling the "wood grain trim" up just as he did but it didnt come off and i dont want to break anything. i got the center console shifter top area off jsut like he did and the side vent panels just cant get that one piece

thanks

Old 07-29-2006, 10:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by patshea098
so i have to install some wiring and get to the 12 volt source in the dash right above the ash tray. i saw a how to here https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...+radio+install

(just for clarification i mean the trim aorund the ac controls, head unit, and 12 volt connection)

but i have the reverse sensing system and the digital auto a/c and he doesnt so i dont know if theres anything holding back to doing it the same was as him. i tried pulling the "wood grain trim" up just as he did but it didnt come off and i dont want to break anything. i got the center console shifter top area off jsut like he did and the side vent panels just cant get that one piece

thanks
If its the first time you are doing it, it is going to be in there pretty tight... Just do the same as those instructions, and it will pop off..

Old 07-29-2006, 11:00 PM
i know im just afraid of since i have the reverse sensing that it may be connected more-so or differently then without having it and i dont wannt break anything or rip anything out ya know?

Old 07-29-2006, 11:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i know im just afraid of since i have the reverse sensing that it may be connected more-so or differently then without having it and i dont wannt break anything or rip anything out ya know?
As long as you dont pull it too far back, you will not break anything... Just give it a few little yanks, and that should help loosen it...

Old 07-30-2006, 01:33 AM

Pull the woodgrain piece off and you will then be able to unplug your AC cluster, backup sensor, and cig lighter from the back of it....they will have several inchs of wire so it wont be an issue pulling it out and unplugging them. Mine has been in and out a hundered times...nothing to it.

Old 07-30-2006, 01:39 AM
thanks man...big help. whats the nearest area i can ground a wire around there? any places? thanks again

Old 07-30-2006, 12:55 PM
anyone?

Old 07-30-2006, 04:52 PM
where can i ground my wiring around the general area? im about to go out and look around but any help? and how should i connect my power source wire to my 12V connection? should i just connect it to the same place where the factory wire connects to the socket?

Old 07-31-2006, 02:47 AM
where can i ground my wiring around the general area? im about to go out and look around but any help? and how should i connect my power source wire to my 12V connection? should i just connect it to the same place where the factory wire connects to the socket?
I would splice into the wire running to the socket for both your ground and your 12V.....if thats were you want to get your power from. What is it your trying to hook up?

Old 07-31-2006, 04:01 PM
interior LED's is what they are.

then i have to drill a 1/2" hole for the rocker switch to slip itno....i dont know how im going to do that yet.

Quick Reply: How-To?? main console removal